More Intelligent Policy than That of Gateway

I don't work for these guys. I just apprecciate someone telling the
truth. I am not advocating you Pirate Micro$oft OS or any other. OTOH
it's wrong if you buy one computer with OEM OS, and junk it or take it
out of service, to have to rebuy the same OS on its replacement. Most
resold computers get parted out or converted to Linux/BSD utility
boxes. And I sure don't like BIOS locking. What if you replace the
mbd? On laptops that's not a big problem but on desktops it is.

http://www.powernotebooks.com/OS.php3

Operating Systems
We sell over 50% of our laptops without an operating system because
people already have a legal copy, and many of our customers use Linux.

We don't think it is right to force our customers to buy an operating
system if they don't need one. Microsoft is profitable enough as it
is.

However if you want us to install an operating system on your new
laptop, simply select the one you want from the drop down menu in the
configurator.

We also have an option for Linux to be preinstalled on some of our
laptops. In those cases, the system can be configured to install just
Linux or install Linux after Windows in a dual-boot fashion.
Read more about the Linux OS here.

Click on the image below for more information about the new Windows XP

"it's wrong if you buy one computer..."
Is it?
What does the EULA you agreed say?
Is it wrong or is it really you do not like it?
If the latter, there are many options, one you have listed.

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/