In Windows Task Manager I can see CA93986D6.DLL running at anything between
0% and 75% CPU. Can anyone tell me what this is?

Tks in advance.

given the random looking name and the cpu usage it is almost certainly virus
or trojan related, have you scanned ?
--
there are no problems just challenges

"bazza_k" wrote:

> In Windows Task Manager I can see CA93986D6.DLL running at anything between
> 0% and 75% CPU. Can anyone tell me what this is?
>
> Tks in advance.

Hi Steve

Have tried scanning but found nothing - wil now try Dan's suggestion. Tks
for the quick response.

"steve.a" wrote:

> given the random looking name and the cpu usage it is almost certainly virus
> or trojan related, have you scanned ?
> --
> there are no problems just challenges
>

> "bazza_k" wrote:
>
> > In Windows Task Manager I can see CA93986D6.DLL running at anything between
> > 0% and 75% CPU. Can anyone tell me what this is?
> >
> > Tks in advance.

Search for that DLL, right-click it, select Properties and see if any additional information is provided.

Scan your PC with a current antivirus program and with an antispyware software.

--
Greetings,
Daniel Martín

"bazza_k" <bazzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:340299D6-99B9-4219-BFCC-2A4A2F1B13E7@microsoft.com...
> In Windows Task Manager I can see CA93986D6.DLL running at anything between
> 0% and 75% CPU. Can anyone tell me what this is?
>
> Tks in advance.

Hi Daniel - thks for the prompt response. I did as you suggested and have
found the offending program - it is spyeware which seems to wake up every few
minutes! I will change the regularity! Tks again.

"Daniel Martín" wrote:

> Search for that DLL, right-click it, select Properties and see if any additional information is provided.
>
> Scan your PC with a current antivirus program and with an antispyware software.
>
> --
> Greetings,
> Daniel Martín
>

> "bazza_k" <bazzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:340299D6-99B9-4219-BFCC-2A4A2F1B13E7@microsoft.com...
> > In Windows Task Manager I can see CA93986D6.DLL running at anything between
> > 0% and 75% CPU. Can anyone tell me what this is?
> >
> > Tks in advance.

I'm glad to help you. :)

--
Greetings,
Daniel Martín

"bazza_k" <bazzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EFF4AB8-09EF-4AE2-A7C4-04DC4DB5A7D3@microsoft.com...
> Hi Daniel - thks for the prompt response. I did as you suggested and have
> found the offending program - it is spyeware which seems to wake up every few
> minutes! I will change the regularity! Tks again.
>
> "Daniel Martín" wrote:
>
>> Search for that DLL, right-click it, select Properties and see if any additional information is provided.
>>
>> Scan your PC with a current antivirus program and with an antispyware software.
>>
>> --
>> Greetings,
>> Daniel Martín
>>

>> "bazza_k" <bazzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:340299D6-99B9-4219-BFCC-2A4A2F1B13E7@microsoft.com...
>> > In Windows Task Manager I can see CA93986D6.DLL running at anything between
>> > 0% and 75% CPU. Can anyone tell me what this is?
>> >
>> > Tks in advance.

"bazza_k" <bazzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Steve
>
>Have tried scanning but found nothing - wil now try Dan's suggestion. Tks
>for the quick response.

See MVP Jim Eshelman's Spyware Quick Fix Procedure at
http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm and follow all of the suggested
steps.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada