Screen Blink

Status
Not open for further replies.

arges86

Distinguished
I have a HP compaq nx9420 notebook (running WinXP SP3), and the screen blinks.
It seems that the backlight will blink off for a fraction of a second and come back on. It doesn't happen at a steady pulse, and it doesn't seem to change in frequency during the duration of the notebook being on.

Does anyone have any ideas? or is the backlight failing.

Solution
It seems like the back light is going out, but ever so slowly. Usually, if it does it while it is booted up, I've always taken it as a sign that something is a miss with the backlight and not the inverter. If it was the inverter, the screen would go completely black. If it does go completely black at some point, you can hold a flashlight up to it and if you can still see everything as usual, it is indeed the back light.
It seems like the back light is going out, but ever so slowly. Usually, if it does it while it is booted up, I've always taken it as a sign that something is a miss with the backlight and not the inverter. If it was the inverter, the screen would go completely black. If it does go completely black at some point, you can hold a flashlight up to it and if you can still see everything as usual, it is indeed the back light.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.