Help in Mass Emailing

I belong to a volunteer group and I need to send an email to about 600
people every week. I use Outlook 2002 on a Dell PC.

I just have a huge list of email addresses, separated by semicolons, that I
break into small groups of about 50 and then send out as bcc.

About 25% bounce due to corporate spam filters that won't permit an email
that is addressed to more than one person.

I need a tool or Outlook plug-in that will send the email one-at-a-time
rather than all at once.

Advice?

Thanks!!!

Go Phils wrote:

>I belong to a volunteer group and I need to send an email to about 600
>people every week. I use Outlook 2002 on a Dell PC.
>
>I just have a huge list of email addresses, separated by semicolons, that I
>break into small groups of about 50 and then send out as bcc.
>
>About 25% bounce due to corporate spam filters that won't permit an email
>that is addressed to more than one person.
>
>I need a tool or Outlook plug-in that will send the email one-at-a-time
>rather than all at once.
>
>Advice?
>
>Thanks!!!

Check out the free Mercury mail server at this site. Has mailing list
services built in.
http://www.pmail.com/

"Go Phils" <vcupdate@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I belong to a volunteer group and I need to send an email to about 600
>people every week. I use Outlook 2002 on a Dell PC.
>
>I just have a huge list of email addresses, separated by semicolons, that I
>break into small groups of about 50 and then send out as bcc.
>
>About 25% bounce due to corporate spam filters that won't permit an email
>that is addressed to more than one person.

Get a subscription to a mailing list, then you won't have to manually
manipulate the list, people can {un}subscribe themselves, and life
will be much better.

Of course, there are still corporate firewalls that will block you,
but that's the recipient's problem.

MS Word 2003 has a simple to use email merge function built into the tools
alongside the old familiar mail merge functions. I use it in a corporate
setting to send customized emails to 1000's of employees. As a Word function
it sends email one at a time merging info (like email address) from a list, I
use excel and a word based template. You can further customize your email to
personalize the greeting, or in my case I often provide unique url links to my
addressees so that I can track their responses. For a list of 600 you will no
longer have need to break it up, just load your template, initiate the
mail-merger tool, point to your email list, click go, and take a sip of coffee
while it builds 600 individual email and sends them through Outlook one at a
time.

Regrards

Go Phils wrote:
> I belong to a volunteer group and I need to send an email to about 600
> people every week. I use Outlook 2002 on a Dell PC.
>
> I just have a huge list of email addresses, separated by semicolons, that I
> break into small groups of about 50 and then send out as bcc.
>
> About 25% bounce due to corporate spam filters that won't permit an email
> that is addressed to more than one person.
>
> I need a tool or Outlook plug-in that will send the email one-at-a-time
> rather than all at once.
>
> Advice?
>
> Thanks!!!

Assuming that you are NOT spamming, there is a much simpler option!!
Just write invidually to each of the affected recipients & request that
they get their Corporate system to "White-List" your "Sender's" address

HTH

Regards,
John

Go Phils wrote:
> I belong to a volunteer group and I need to send an email to about 600
> people every week. I use Outlook 2002 on a Dell PC.
>
> I just have a huge list of email addresses, separated by semicolons, that I
> break into small groups of about 50 and then send out as bcc.
>
> About 25% bounce due to corporate spam filters that won't permit an email
> that is addressed to more than one person.

Several major email blacklists have all of Comcast IP space listed as
Spam Heaven. I'll bet there are a whole bunch of mail servers that
would reject even one email from you without any BCCs in it.

You live in a neighborhood loaded with spammers. If you're not one
yourself your only hope is to leave Comcast for another provider.
Either that or get Comcast to boot the sources of the unrelenting spam
that spews forth from their (read: your) IP space. Let us know how that
works out for you.

Anthony Soprano <tsoprano@optonline.net> wrote:

>Go Phils wrote:
>> I belong to a volunteer group and I need to send an email to about 600
>> people every week. I use Outlook 2002 on a Dell PC.
>>
>> I just have a huge list of email addresses, separated by semicolons, that I
>> break into small groups of about 50 and then send out as bcc.
>>
>> About 25% bounce due to corporate spam filters that won't permit an email
>> that is addressed to more than one person.

>Several major email blacklists have all of Comcast IP space listed as
>Spam Heaven. I'll bet there are a whole bunch of mail servers that
>would reject even one email from you without any BCCs in it.

In the years since Comcast set up their own ISP services vice the
dying @home they formerly farmed them out to, I have never had a
single one of my emails sent through Comcast, using either my
@comcast address, or one from one of my other accounts, get
bounced or fail to reach the addressee. It would appear that
none of my commercial or personal email recipients are paying any
attention to those "everal major email blacklists."
--
OJ III

William P.N. Smith wrote:

> Get a subscription to a mailing list, then you won't have to manually
> manipulate the list, people can {un}subscribe themselves, and life
> will be much better.

That's right! Stop using e-mail and "spam" the network this way. Are you
shure every person you send your mail wants it?

--
/\/\ichau, msmoczyk [malpka] wp [kropa] pl
http://www.nocnyrzepin.prv.pl