xp pro sp2 user rights issue ?

Hi folks
I'm having a problem connecting to the WMI control properties on a local
machine , logged on as local administrator or Domain administrator.The WMI
service is running. I keep getting "win32: Access denied" error message. Are
there some xp sp2 gp rights I need to adjust ?
Thanks in advance
Martin
1 answer Last reply
More about user rights issue
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.wmi (More info?)

    If anyone is interested
    I solved this by removing the machine from the domain , joined a workgroup ,
    booted , logged on locally , rejoined the domain , booted logged back onto
    the domain and hey presto all Win32 : Access Denied error messages have
    gone...I thank you...
    "Martin" <tw@face.com> wrote in message
    > Hi folks
    > I'm having a problem connecting to the WMI control properties on a local
    > machine , logged on as local administrator or Domain administrator.The WMI
    > service is running. I keep getting "win32: Access denied" error message.
    > Are
    > there some xp sp2 gp rights I need to adjust ?
    > Thanks in advance
    > Martin

Microsoft Error Message Windows XP