Flash Inspiron 3800 BIOS Without Battery Installed

does anyone know of a way to flash the bios on an inspiron 3800 that does
not have a battery? the packaged and unpackaged versions of the flash bios
utility halt when they find that no battery is installed. and there does
not seem to be any command line switches to use with the unpackaged utility.
any workaround would be greatly appreciated.
thank you.

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:07:42 GMT, Christopher Muto wrote in

> does anyone know of a way to flash the bios on an inspiron 3800 that does
> not have a battery? the packaged and unpackaged versions of the flash bios
> utility halt when they find that no battery is installed. and there does
> not seem to be any command line switches to use with the unpackaged utility.
> any workaround would be greatly appreciated.

It's probably a safety "feature" on your laptop to ensure there is a steady
supply of power while you do the BIOS flash. Did you lose the battery?

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!

http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!

I don't know if this is a just a safety measure, or is not even possible.

I have heard of a /forceit option when executing the flash. Another option
I have seen is /jabil when forcing it to flash when it thinks it has an
incompatible BIOS update -- maybe try it if the other option does not work?

Since these batteries are available on eBay for only $40-50, it is probably
not worth the risk of damaging your system.