Custom Keyboard Shortcuts

I inherited a computer at my new workplace and the person before me has
custom mapped the backspace key to pop open a chat window in IE. I do not
have a shortcut link to remove the shortcut from, so I am looking for a way
to view all shortcuts and delete them. Anyone have any ideas?

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************
2 answers Last reply
More about custom keyboard shortcuts

    Create a text file and paste lines in

    on error resume next
    set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    Set Ag=Wscript.Arguments
    set lnk = WshShell.CreateShortcut(A)
    If lnk.hotkey <> "" then
    msgbox A & vbcrlf & lnk.hotkey
    End If

    Rename it to findhotkey.vbs and put it in c:\

    Explorer looks in 4 places for hotkeys, these are read on startup. The hotkey is stored in the shortcut. Only hotkeys on shortcuts in the four locations are live.

    Type in a command prompt

    cd %UserProfile%\desktop
    for /r %A in (*.lnk) do c:\findhotkey.vbs "%A"
    for /r %A in (*.pif) do c:\findhotkey.vbs "%A"
    for /r %A in (*.url) do c:\findhotkey.vbs "%A"
    cd %AllUsersProfile%\desktop
    for /r %A in (*.lnk) do c:\findhotkey.vbs "%A"
    for /r %A in (*.pif) do c:\findhotkey.vbs "%A"
    for /r %A in (*.url) do c:\findhotkey.vbs "%A"
    cd %UserProfile%\Start Menu
    for /r %A in (*.lnk) do c:\findhotkey.vbs "%A"
    for /r %A in (*.pif) do c:\findhotkey.vbs "%A"
    for /r %A in (*.url) do c:\findhotkey.vbs "%A"
    cd %AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu
    for /r %A in (*.lnk) do c:\findhotkey.vbs "%A"
    for /r %A in (*.pif) do c:\findhotkey.vbs "%A"
    for /r %A in (*.url) do c:\findhotkey.vbs "%A"

    Each shortcut, that has a hotkey, will pop up a dialog with the name of the shortcut and it's hotkey.

    Ctrl + C Copies the text of a message box to the clipboard.

    "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) - MVP" <NoSpamMgbworld@comcast.netNoSpamM> wrote in message news:A745DEF2-C664-4EFC-839B-A6850B5715CA@microsoft.com...
    >I inherited a computer at my new workplace and the person before me has
    > custom mapped the backspace key to pop open a chat window in IE. I do not
    > have a shortcut link to remove the shortcut from, so I am looking for a way
    > to view all shortcuts and delete them. Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > --
    > Gregory A. Beamer
    > MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
    >
    > ***************************
    > Think Outside the Box!
    > ***************************

    On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 02:43:05 +1000 in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, favored us with...
    > Create a text file and paste lines in
    >
    > on error resume next
    > set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    > Set Ag=Wscript.Arguments
    > set lnk = WshShell.CreateShortcut(A)
    > If lnk.hotkey <> "" then
    > msgbox A & vbcrlf & lnk.hotkey
    > End If

    [snip]

    This script (or one very like it) didn't work for me back in the
    spring, as I posted then.

    What did work was the free Shortcut Key Explorer
    http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/utility/shortcutkeys/

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    "And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
    days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child

Internet Explorer Keyboards Windows XP