what does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?

Last response: in Video Games
July 26, 2005 9:01:42 PM

What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
much as I do ?

My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
on vacation ...

I would love to know what your wife thinks

Ralph

More about : wife pinball addiction

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:05:46 PM

My wife thinks I am NUTS ! but she has one game she likes and as long
as I keep that I am in the clear !
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:11:53 PM

You married a good woman sir.

My wife has played a total of 5 times on my first pin that I bought one
year ago. NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER.

I believe that she views my new found interest as competition for new
drapes/sofa/bedroom set/ vacations etc...

Likely many other wives feel the same way.

I justify it this way..."honey would you rather I buy a motorcycle or a
pinball machine". I will know she still loves me as long as her
response continues to be a pinball machine.

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph
July 26, 2005 9:12:46 PM

When I first starting collecting, she kinda raised an eyebrow. Now I
catch her in the middle of the night playing either WW or RS. Looking
for a FH, but she thinks Rudy is evil and doesn't want him in the
house. Still working on her.

Joe
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:12:59 PM

Hates pins and is tollerant of the fact that the spare bedroom is the
games room.This weekend having a few pinheads around for a mini meet.
"I'll go out with JJ(our son)and leave you saddos to it".

Says it all really

Chrispoibug
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:16:46 PM

My wife had been bugging me for years to find a hobby. She is
thrilled! She loves the pins, although she can't play as much as she
likes because the flashing lights seem to trigger her migraines. So
I'm looking for a vid for her. She likes Mr. Do, anyone have one?
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:27:37 PM

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph

This is obviously a sick joke. Wives hate pinball.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:38:28 PM

Mine is ok with it, as long as we at least have boloney and toilet
paper. I have to let her fold clothes on the games though.
Whats funny is I made out a list of our games, and told her I was
thinking about selling half of them this fall, to get some revenue. She
looked at the list, and saw my "keepers" and picked out the ones that
SHE wanted to keep. Of course that left like two to sell, which isnt
really going to help us any. Which was really my whole plan anyway.
Overall, shes extremely good, and is way past that, "how many do you
need" phase.
My mother in law however, sheesh!.

Del
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:47:34 PM

My wife has to this day never played a single game. The only time she
goes in the basement is when we have people over for parties. The
guests love the machines so she pretends to tolerate my hobby, but when
nobody is around she "hates what I've done to the basement!!"

Bill

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:49:39 PM

Ditto, only she has played fewer games. The only way she would spend
any time in the gameroom though, is if I buy a Ms. Pac Man vid. Aint
gonna happen...
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 10:37:34 PM

Not married but my girlfriend loves to play Dracula...she's probably a
keeper!

Robert
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 10:41:44 PM

Mine played one game.

GRY

<reedwil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> My wife has to this day never played a single game. The only time she
> goes in the basement is when we have people over for parties. The
> guests love the machines so she pretends to tolerate my hobby, but when
> nobody is around she "hates what I've done to the basement!!"
>
> Bill
>
> rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
>> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
>> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
>> much as I do ?
>>
>> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
>> on vacation ...
>>
>> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>>
>> Ralph

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 10:44:18 PM

> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?

Not much.

She's probably played about a half dozen games *total* since I've been in
the hobby. This is going on five years now! Sniff.... sniff, as I wipe a
tear. : (

Yeah, I'm jealous of the guys that have total support of the spouse in this
crazy hobby. Hey, at least pinball keeps me out of the bars! : )

Mike

Hobbyist / Collector "00"
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 10:45:25 PM

My wife loves my machines. Every time I buy a new pin, she gets to
decorate another room in the house.

She acually plays them too. I went downstairs the other night to help
her bring the laundry up and we played for over an hour. We may have
thrown a game of pinball in there too. :-)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph
July 26, 2005 11:25:49 PM

My wife just sees my collection as another one of my hobbies gone wild.
She likes the CP and will play a few others from time to time. I
appease her by telling her it is an investment and can sell them at
anytime. Not that I will :)

CC, MB, TOTAN, IJ, TOM, RFM, SWE1, CP, HD
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 11:28:23 PM

Mine enjoys the games. She does keep trying to tell me "That's the
last one". When we are out of town we enjoying looking for new games
and new places to play. Also, she had a blast at CA Extreme last
year...and we're going again. TOM is her favorite game, and we just
got that one. I'd say overall I'm very lucky.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 12:06:10 AM

Unfortunately, my wife has NO interest in ANY of my hobbies.

The ONLY time she shows any interest in my pins is if we have a party
and friends are playing and enjoying them. Then she acts like, "OH,
aren't these SO cool!", "They're SO much FUN!."

Same with my Harley. She ONLY thinks it's cool if one of our friends
wants to go on a ride or one of her girlfriends wants to do a couples
thing. Then it's, "OH! We just HAVE to go on a ride with them!"

Kind of a drag around here and has even called our marriage into
question. At least I have my son and best friend to enjoy this stuff
with. He's going to inherit A LOT of cool stuff.

Tim

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:02:01 AM

Nothing, really.

After ~30 years, I suppose she's rather used
to the way I am.

It's just the latest habit, (of 15 years......) . ;)

So, no, you're not the only lucky one!

--
Fred
TX

<rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote

> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:06:25 AM

Yeah, right..... Keep these words handy, you may have to eat them!
Ducking and running!

Mine says, "if it makes you happy and keeps you home, just don't buy too
many." (rrriiiiggghhhttttt)

John!

rwkeown@yahoo.com wrote:
> Ditto, only she has played fewer games. The only way she would spend
> any time in the gameroom though, is if I buy a Ms. Pac Man vid. Aint
> gonna happen...

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:08:33 AM

My Lady is cool, umm..... too cool as she constanly kicks my But on
"Big Hurt". Its all good though, I "Own" her on my 2 Williams games. We
probabaly play a round of all games at least once or twice a week,
after the kids go down, and I cant ask for more then that (Other then
Pin Number 4 which is lurking) Hee Hee!~Pinball Bret
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:11:24 AM

My wife played TZ a few times when I got it, that was about 2 years
ago, hasn't played a single game since. Funny thing is, she would like
it if I sold my machines...except for my restored KISS... she tells me
" You better never sell that one!". She just likes the way it looks..
Bob
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:19:17 AM

There's actually an advantage to getting above a certain number......:

wife: (demanding tone, eyeing a machine on end she thinks she hasn't
seen before).... Where did this one come from?? Is this new?

me: (innocently, but with a bit of consternation) oh no, I've had
that one for awhile now.....don't you remember?

heh, heh, heh
July 27, 2005 1:34:05 AM

Don't Ask.

Mike O.
July 27, 2005 1:58:07 AM

My wife wasn't all that impressed with 'Flash' (too noisy?!?), and
played maybe a handful of games on it, but she loves the EM Night Rider
("Now THAT'S how a pinball machine should sound!")...bah!

Mike

> rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> > What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> > Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> > much as I do ?
> >
> > My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> > on vacation ...
> >
> > I would love to know what your wife thinks
> >
> > Ralph
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:24:11 AM

She's as bad as me... Just got back from a short family vac, where
she convinced me to stuff a h*perball in the back!
She's also the artistic side of the operation...
no complaints here ;-)
/Tim

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:56:43 AM

I actually met my wife because of a pinball machine, she worked where I
had a F-14 on location. The rest,as they, say is history!. She was
also the reason I made what was probably my best ever pin purchase, a
factory fresh Addams Family, which made so much money for me, that it
enabled me to buy others. She hardly ever plays any of them now, but
she's looking forward to my re-acquisition of the F-14 that stated it
all!!
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:21:19 AM

If I had a wife she'd be a pinball lover just like me! Maybe that's why
I don't have one yet ;)

Chas
July 27, 2005 5:55:27 AM

>"We may have thrown a game of pinball in there too."

Umm.... yeah right old man. ;-) WAKE UP SPARKIE YOU'RE HAVING A DREAM!!!

"Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
> My wife loves my machines. Every time I buy a new pin, she gets to
> decorate another room in the house.
>
> She acually plays them too. I went downstairs the other night to help
> her bring the laundry up and we played for over an hour. We may have
> thrown a game of pinball in there too. :-)
>
> Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
>
> "Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
> shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
> city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"
>
> (Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)
>

> rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
>> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
>> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
>> much as I do ?
>>
>> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
>> on vacation ...
>>
>> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>>
>> Ralph

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:38:22 AM

"rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com" <rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in

> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph

She tolerates my hobbies, as long as they aren't *too* expensive. I have
2 (one now working, one being repaired) - and that seems to be the limit.
She likes my jukebox better. She only played 8-Ball once or twice, that's
about it since I got it to live.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 8:33:00 AM

mine didnt want one machine, imagine how she is reacting to number 5.
she never plays them, dont care about them. guess i could be out
troling for wild women instead of working on my pins, nah, couldnt do
that to my pins

Ctsteps5

owner of
71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.

Moderator of EM Pinball Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 8:55:08 AM

My GF surprised me the other day by telling my friend that she is
excited to have the pinballs set up. (We just moved into a house - it
was obvious where my priorities were - the 36 machines were lovingly
packed and babied, along with all the spare parts, etc. but my
furniture was thrown into the back of the truck with no packing, etc.)

I didn't think she had that much interest in them, the machines she
wants (for theme only) are Simpsons Pinball Party, Aadams Family,
LOTR.... figures, she only like really expensive ones!! Where's the
love for the early SS's????

She's not keen on the idea of me acquiring more if possible (due to
space constraints), she wants a pool table in the basement instead. It
takes up too much space so that's out unless she'll give me the whole
garage.... fat chance.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 8:59:47 AM

So far I haven't hit the "you've got too many" quantity yet, but the
basement is pretty full!

She likes to play, and as she put it "I know where you are and what you
are doing"

Own: Cyclopes, Wild Fyre, Eight Ball, Big Indian, Space Station

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:25:13 AM

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks

My wife helped me gut and remodel arcade #1, and now we're working on
arcade #2.

Strangely, it's usually _me_ who's diverting money away from pinball
projects towards 'other' needs. Like THIS:

http://www.thekorn.net/pict3221_small2.jpg

(my house, around dusk, with the screen _up_. :)  )
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:25:35 AM

I thought I was the only one like that.
I have a Flintstones at my office just waiting to show up
at home, when we move in a few months. She'll have no idea.

gameroomfan wrote:
> There's actually an advantage to getting above a certain number......:
>
> wife: (demanding tone, eyeing a machine on end she thinks she hasn't
> seen before).... Where did this one come from?? Is this new?
>
> me: (innocently, but with a bit of consternation) oh no, I've had
> that one for awhile now.....don't you remember?
>

> heh, heh, heh

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:28:11 AM

Kenbo wrote:
> My wife had been bugging me for years to find a hobby. She is
> thrilled! She loves the pins, although she can't play as much as she
> likes because the flashing lights seem to trigger her migraines. So
> I'm looking for a vid for her. She likes Mr. Do, anyone have one?

Ever tried killing all the flashers? (seriously; blinking lights might
not be so bad as long as they're not BRIGHT blinking lights.)
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 12:25:55 PM

My wife has never had any problem with my pinball machines. She has
never questioned a purchase, and has discouraged me from selling games.
In fact, when we got to the point where it was getting hard to move
around in the garage, she said "We need to do something about this"
Fearing the worst, I waited for her to finish. She then added "we need
to add on another thousand square feet or so for your arcade so that it
will be more comfortable to play. Palns are on the drawing board.

So, I guess I got lucky. She does play occasionally, but seldom plays
a game with me because she does not like to wait while I play a long
ball. This time of year, she seldom plays or goes outside at all, but
that is part of the deal with living in Florida.

Ron

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 12:46:44 PM

On 27 Jul 2005 07:28:11 -0700, "TheKorn@TheKorn.net"
<TheKorn@TheKorn.net> wrote:

>Kenbo wrote:
>> My wife had been bugging me for years to find a hobby. She is
>> thrilled! She loves the pins, although she can't play as much as she
>> likes because the flashing lights seem to trigger her migraines. So
>> I'm looking for a vid for her. She likes Mr. Do, anyone have one?
>
>Ever tried killing all the flashers? (seriously; blinking lights might
>not be so bad as long as they're not BRIGHT blinking lights.)

Thanks for the suggestion. Even the darkest of machines cause her some
troubles. She has played some unshopped games with most of the lights
out and still has a problem. When she does play she wears dark
sunglasses which help a bit. It's not *just* the flashers, it's the
fact that a lot of things are happening at once causing sensory
overload. The neurologist says it has something to do with spinal
fluid leaking in and out of her inner ear. Can't figure that one out
and she's been battling it for years. It seems like older video games
don't trigger the problem as much,
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 12:49:18 PM

Mike Schudel wrote:
> > Strangely, it's usually _me_ who's diverting money away from pinball
> > projects towards 'other' needs. Like THIS:
> >
> > http://www.thekorn.net/pict3221_small2.jpg
> >
> > (my house, around dusk, with the screen _up_. :)  )
>
> What the hell is that I'm looking at there??? I'm confused...as usual. :-)
>
> What type of "screen"?

Haha! I have a HD projector, and a motorized screen that rolls down in
front of the picture window. (You're either watching TV, or you're
looking out the window. But you're not watching TV _while_ you're
looking out the window!)

If I leave the screen rolled up (but have the projector ON), the
projector projects directly onto the cellular shades. They're
partially transmissive, so the net effect is that you can watch TV out
on the lawn. If you also open the windows (without opening the
shades), then you can hear it as well! :)

( image size in 16x9... 110". Almost ten feet of picture, baby! :)  )

I don't actually ever _watch_ on the lawn; I think it's a big "COME
STEAL MY STUFF" sign. But it's fun every once in a while to show
people who come over. :)
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:17:06 PM

>I would love to know what your wife thinks

I turned around, asked her, didn't get a response. Same response when I
ask her if I can buy a new pinball, motorcycle, or whatever.

Kirb
(yep, still single...)
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:30:36 PM

Ron,

What part of florida do you live in ?
I am just north of Tampa , if we are close we could get together and
play a few games sometime

Ralph

Ron Donohue wrote:
> My wife has never had any problem with my pinball machines. She has
> never questioned a purchase, and has discouraged me from selling games.
> In fact, when we got to the point where it was getting hard to move
> around in the garage, she said "We need to do something about this"
> Fearing the worst, I waited for her to finish. She then added "we need
> to add on another thousand square feet or so for your arcade so that it
> will be more comfortable to play. Palns are on the drawing board.
>
> So, I guess I got lucky. She does play occasionally, but seldom plays
> a game with me because she does not like to wait while I play a long
> ball. This time of year, she seldom plays or goes outside at all, but
> that is part of the deal with living in Florida.
>
> Ron
>
> rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> > What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> > Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> > much as I do ?
> >
> > My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> > on vacation ...
> >
> > I would love to know what your wife thinks
> >
> > Ralph
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:49:36 PM

I am in Palm Beach Gardens. I don't get over to Tampa much, but if I
ever do I will let you know. By the same token, you are always welcome
over here at my place if you are in the area. I will probably be at
the auction in Orlando on the 6th if you want to meet and and chat. My
email is rdonohue at hoyt dot org.

Ron

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> Ron,
>
> What part of florida do you live in ?
> I am just north of Tampa , if we are close we could get together and
> play a few games sometime
>
> Ralph
>
> Ron Donohue wrote:
> > My wife has never had any problem with my pinball machines. She has
> > never questioned a purchase, and has discouraged me from selling games.
> > In fact, when we got to the point where it was getting hard to move
> > around in the garage, she said "We need to do something about this"
> > Fearing the worst, I waited for her to finish. She then added "we need
> > to add on another thousand square feet or so for your arcade so that it
> > will be more comfortable to play. Palns are on the drawing board.
> >
> > So, I guess I got lucky. She does play occasionally, but seldom plays
> > a game with me because she does not like to wait while I play a long
> > ball. This time of year, she seldom plays or goes outside at all, but
> > that is part of the deal with living in Florida.
> >
> > Ron
> >
> > rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> > > What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> > > Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> > > much as I do ?
> > >
> > > My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> > > on vacation ...
> > >
> > > I would love to know what your wife thinks
> > >
> > > Ralph
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 2:08:00 PM

I am assuming she likes the machines, as it is the perfect reason to
avoid cleaning the basement, because I have parts strategically placed
all over the freaking floor. Still trying to figure out if fixing or
playing is more fun.

Jim
Taxi, TAF.
BlackJack, Hot Tip in many parts.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 2:45:57 PM

My wife thinks it's a fun hobby, but she really doesn't like to play.

So when ever I get a high score, I put her name in the game, not mine.
Now everyone thinks she plays all the time!!!

Ken in Princeton
TZ, STTNG, IJ & MM
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 2:53:36 PM

kirb wrote:
> >I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> I turned around, asked her, didn't get a response. Same response when I
> ask her if I can buy a new pinball, motorcycle, or whatever.
>
> Kirb
> (yep, still single...)

Some would say it's madness to address a question to no-one. :)
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 3:10:34 PM

> Strangely, it's usually _me_ who's diverting money away from pinball
> projects towards 'other' needs. Like THIS:
>
> http://www.thekorn.net/pict3221_small2.jpg
>
> (my house, around dusk, with the screen _up_. :)  )

What the hell is that I'm looking at there??? I'm confused...as usual. :-)

What type of "screen"?

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
July 27, 2005 3:48:38 PM

She has little interest, but understands my need to have a hobby. - Q
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 3:52:46 PM

It's awesome most of you guys have all this space for your stuff, at
least to "escape".. lol
Your garage alone is a wee bit bigger than my apartment, which at one
time housed 9 games - along with a "tolerating" wife ;)

Marcel
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:20:27 PM

>just three cars...ABSOLUTELY nothing else...no boxes or junk anywhere

Well, you have seen my garage- junk would be an understatement-
3 motorcycles (one on a bike lift), hot tub (need that out of there),
half a bowling alley, some video games, boxes and tools waiting for a
workbench and shelfs to be built. I've got another batch of unistrut to
make more shelves and benches. Whooohooo baby.

I am not a junk collector, but I often stack stuff and then do a
massive purge. I mean really, I didn't use half of that box of books in
college, why would I need them now?

Kirb
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:21:14 PM

> Haha! I have a HD projector, and a motorized screen that rolls down in
> front of the picture window. (You're either watching TV, or you're
> looking out the window. But you're not watching TV _while_ you're
> looking out the window!)
>
> If I leave the screen rolled up (but have the projector ON), the
> projector projects directly onto the cellular shades. They're
> partially transmissive, so the net effect is that you can watch TV out
> on the lawn. If you also open the windows (without opening the
> shades), then you can hear it as well! :)

Ok...I understand now what I'm looking at. :-)

> I don't actually ever _watch_ on the lawn; I think it's a big "COME
> STEAL MY STUFF" sign.

This might be truer than you think. ;-)

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
July 27, 2005 6:13:45 PM

My wife is the one that started it(she just had to have a pinball machine)
but now all she asks is that it stays in the basement.

Then again, she did offer to put the Swe1 in the bedroom so I could get a
SC.

She really wants me to move the NOS Roadshow Pf out of the office.

Otto

CARGPB11

!