what does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?

What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
much as I do ?

My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
on vacation ...

I would love to know what your wife thinks

Ralph

My wife thinks I am NUTS ! but she has one game she likes and as long
as I keep that I am in the clear !

You married a good woman sir.

My wife has played a total of 5 times on my first pin that I bought one
year ago. NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER.

I believe that she views my new found interest as competition for new
drapes/sofa/bedroom set/ vacations etc...

Likely many other wives feel the same way.

I justify it this way..."honey would you rather I buy a motorcycle or a
pinball machine". I will know she still loves me as long as her
response continues to be a pinball machine.

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph

When I first starting collecting, she kinda raised an eyebrow. Now I
catch her in the middle of the night playing either WW or RS. Looking
for a FH, but she thinks Rudy is evil and doesn't want him in the
house. Still working on her.

Joe

Hates pins and is tollerant of the fact that the spare bedroom is the
games room.This weekend having a few pinheads around for a mini meet.
"I'll go out with JJ(our son)and leave you saddos to it".

Says it all really

Chrispoibug

My wife had been bugging me for years to find a hobby. She is
thrilled! She loves the pins, although she can't play as much as she
likes because the flashing lights seem to trigger her migraines. So
I'm looking for a vid for her. She likes Mr. Do, anyone have one?

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph

This is obviously a sick joke. Wives hate pinball.

Mine is ok with it, as long as we at least have boloney and toilet
paper. I have to let her fold clothes on the games though.
Whats funny is I made out a list of our games, and told her I was
thinking about selling half of them this fall, to get some revenue. She
looked at the list, and saw my "keepers" and picked out the ones that
SHE wanted to keep. Of course that left like two to sell, which isnt
really going to help us any. Which was really my whole plan anyway.
Overall, shes extremely good, and is way past that, "how many do you
need" phase.
My mother in law however, sheesh!.

Del

My wife has to this day never played a single game. The only time she
goes in the basement is when we have people over for parties. The
guests love the machines so she pretends to tolerate my hobby, but when
nobody is around she "hates what I've done to the basement!!"

Bill

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph

Ditto, only she has played fewer games. The only way she would spend
any time in the gameroom though, is if I buy a Ms. Pac Man vid. Aint
gonna happen...

Not married but my girlfriend loves to play Dracula...she's probably a
keeper!

Robert

Mine played one game.

GRY

<reedwil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> My wife has to this day never played a single game. The only time she
> goes in the basement is when we have people over for parties. The
> guests love the machines so she pretends to tolerate my hobby, but when
> nobody is around she "hates what I've done to the basement!!"
>
> Bill
>
> rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
>> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
>> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
>> much as I do ?
>>
>> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
>> on vacation ...
>>
>> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>>
>> Ralph

> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?

Not much.

She's probably played about a half dozen games *total* since I've been in
the hobby. This is going on five years now! Sniff.... sniff, as I wipe a
tear. : (

Yeah, I'm jealous of the guys that have total support of the spouse in this
crazy hobby. Hey, at least pinball keeps me out of the bars! : )

Mike

Hobbyist / Collector "00"

My wife loves my machines. Every time I buy a new pin, she gets to
decorate another room in the house.

She acually plays them too. I went downstairs the other night to help
her bring the laundry up and we played for over an hour. We may have
thrown a game of pinball in there too. :)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph

dd

My wife just sees my collection as another one of my hobbies gone wild.
She likes the CP and will play a few others from time to time. I
appease her by telling her it is an investment and can sell them at
anytime. Not that I will :)

CC, MB, TOTAN, IJ, TOM, RFM, SWE1, CP, HD

Mine enjoys the games. She does keep trying to tell me "That's the
last one". When we are out of town we enjoying looking for new games
and new places to play. Also, she had a blast at CA Extreme last
year...and we're going again. TOM is her favorite game, and we just
got that one. I'd say overall I'm very lucky.

Unfortunately, my wife has NO interest in ANY of my hobbies.

The ONLY time she shows any interest in my pins is if we have a party
and friends are playing and enjoying them. Then she acts like, "OH,
aren't these SO cool!", "They're SO much FUN!."

Same with my Harley. She ONLY thinks it's cool if one of our friends
wants to go on a ride or one of her girlfriends wants to do a couples
thing. Then it's, "OH! We just HAVE to go on a ride with them!"

Kind of a drag around here and has even called our marriage into
question. At least I have my son and best friend to enjoy this stuff
with. He's going to inherit A LOT of cool stuff.

Tim

rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph

Nothing, really.

After ~30 years, I suppose she's rather used
to the way I am.

It's just the latest habit, (of 15 years......) . ;)

So, no, you're not the only lucky one!

--
Fred
TX

<rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote

> What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> much as I do ?
>
> My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> on vacation ...
>
> I would love to know what your wife thinks
>
> Ralph

Yeah, right..... Keep these words handy, you may have to eat them!
Ducking and running!

Mine says, "if it makes you happy and keeps you home, just don't buy too
many." (rrriiiiggghhhttttt)

John!

rwkeown@yahoo.com wrote:
> Ditto, only she has played fewer games. The only way she would spend
> any time in the gameroom though, is if I buy a Ms. Pac Man vid. Aint
> gonna happen...

My Lady is cool, umm..... too cool as she constanly kicks my But on
"Big Hurt". Its all good though, I "Own" her on my 2 Williams games. We
probabaly play a round of all games at least once or twice a week,
after the kids go down, and I cant ask for more then that (Other then
Pin Number 4 which is lurking) Hee Hee!~Pinball Bret

My wife played TZ a few times when I got it, that was about 2 years
ago, hasn't played a single game since. Funny thing is, she would like
it if I sold my machines...except for my restored KISS... she tells me
" You better never sell that one!". She just likes the way it looks..
Bob

There's actually an advantage to getting above a certain number......:

wife: (demanding tone, eyeing a machine on end she thinks she hasn't
seen before).... Where did this one come from?? Is this new?

me: (innocently, but with a bit of consternation) oh no, I've had
that one for awhile now.....don't you remember?

heh, heh, heh

MD

My wife wasn't all that impressed with 'Flash' (too noisy?!?), and
played maybe a handful of games on it, but she loves the EM Night Rider
("Now THAT'S how a pinball machine should sound!")...bah!

Mike

> rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> > What does your wife think of your pinball addiction ?
> > Am I the only lucky one here that has a wife that loves the hobby as
> > much as I do ?
> >
> > My wife would rather buy a pin and stay home for a week rather than go
> > on vacation ...
> >
> > I would love to know what your wife thinks
> >
> > Ralph

She's as bad as me... Just got back from a short family vac, where
she convinced me to stuff a h*perball in the back!
She's also the artistic side of the operation...
no complaints here ;-)
/Tim