How to hook up an old 5.1 rca reciever to a new soundcard

hello, im trying to hook up an old RCA reciever that only has the rca (red, and white) hookups, to a new fatal1ty pro sound card that has 4 3.5mm trs for a surround sound speaker set. ive used a y rca cord and can get perfect sound from the right and left front speaker, but no other speaker/ subwoofer will work even if i stick the 3.5mm trs in any other jacks besides the front left and right. is there a way to get all the speakers working? can i connect a 3.5mm trs to speaker wire and connect it that way, or do i need a reciever? or is there an adapter that i can conect a rca cord to that has 4 3.5mm trs cords atached to it?
any help would be nice thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about hook reciever soundcard
  1. If I'm reading your question correctly you are saying the "Surround Rear" (I think this is the grey connector) and the "Center/Sub woofer" (Orange) are not supplying a signal to the audio receiver. If that is the case, you may need to activate the surround setting in the sound control panel. For my computer i have to go to Control Panel > Sound> Select "Speakers" and click "Configure"> then select a surround sound option. With a higher end sound card, it may have it's own control panel applet as well so you may have a look through that for an option to activate surround sound. Hope this helps.
    -Brad
Ask a new question

Read More

Pro Audio Speakers RCA Sound Cards Audio