Windoes won't start up at boot

A couple days ago, as I was rebooting my computer...
It showed normal signs of booting...
The BIOS page...the MICROSOFT XP Page...
then as it should have opened up to the WELCOME PAGE
it went into the Queery page that gives you the options to boot
either in safe mode...
Last knowGodd Config...
etc...and so on..
The trouble is...as I hit the enter key, after selecting which mode to boot
in....
it starts the PC all over again as if I JUST turned it on...and goes through
the first two Bios pages, etc..
thrn right back to the boot mode selection...
It won't do anything or move beyond that section...
I can't get into windows...
Any suggestions please?
Thanks...
Apeke
3 answers Last reply
More about windoes start boot

    You could try a Repair Install if you have a WinXP CD. Check here at
    Michael's site.
    "apeke" <apeke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >A couple days ago, as I was rebooting my computer...
    > It showed normal signs of booting...
    > The BIOS page...the MICROSOFT XP Page...
    > then as it should have opened up to the WELCOME PAGE
    > it went into the Queery page that gives you the options to boot
    > either in safe mode...
    > Last knowGodd Config...
    > etc...and so on..
    > The trouble is...as I hit the enter key, after selecting which mode to
    > boot
    > in....
    > it starts the PC all over again as if I JUST turned it on...and goes
    > through
    > the first two Bios pages, etc..
    > thrn right back to the boot mode selection...
    > It won't do anything or move beyond that section...
    > I can't get into windows...
    > Any suggestions please?
    > Thanks...
    > Apeke

    Hi Rich...
    I do have a WinXP CD however, when I try to use it...it tells me that my PC
    is NEWER than that of the CD, I think becasue of all the Microsoft Windows
    updating over the past several months...anyway, it won't allow me to access
    the CD...
    Now what?

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > You could try a Repair Install if you have a WinXP CD. Check here at
    > Michael's site.
    > "apeke" <apeke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >A couple days ago, as I was rebooting my computer...
    > > It showed normal signs of booting...
    > > The BIOS page...the MICROSOFT XP Page...
    > > then as it should have opened up to the WELCOME PAGE
    > > it went into the Queery page that gives you the options to boot
    > > either in safe mode...
    > > Last knowGodd Config...
    > > etc...and so on..
    > > The trouble is...as I hit the enter key, after selecting which mode to
    > > boot
    > > in....
    > > it starts the PC all over again as if I JUST turned it on...and goes
    > > through
    > > the first two Bios pages, etc..
    > > thrn right back to the boot mode selection...
    > > It won't do anything or move beyond that section...
    > > I can't get into windows...
    > > Any suggestions please?
    > > Thanks...
    > > Apeke

    "apeke" <apeke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hi Rich...
    >I do have a WinXP CD however, when I try to use it...it tells me that my PC
    >is NEWER than that of the CD, I think becasue of all the Microsoft Windows
    >updating over the past several months...anyway, it won't allow me to access
    >the CD...
    >Now what?

    When you try to boot from the hard drive and the menu comes up with
    the various choices for Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, etc.
    is there an item on that menu that says"

    "Disable automatic restart on System Failure" or words to that effect?
    If there is then choose that option and let us know the results.

    Also, your newer version error message when you try to do a Repair
    Install indicates that your PC has been upgraded to Service Pack 2 and
    your install CD is either the original release or Service Pack 1
    version. What you need to do is to create a new install CD with
    Service Pack 2 integrated into it. In order to do this you will
    need:
    - A CDRW drive (or a DVD burner)
    - Your original Windows XP CD (which you have)
    - The full download of Service Pack 2, which you can get from
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

    Download nlite (free) from http://www.nliteos.com and use it to create
    the new CD image (ISO file) and then burn that image to a blank CDR
    disk. If you have a DVD burner make sure you use a CD blank rather
    than a DVD blank, othewise your new disk will only work in computers
    that have a DVD drive.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --