Dual Athlon XP support

phlite

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2003
Hello all,

It seems that the XP 2600+ does not support MP. At some point did AMD decide to drop MP support on XP? I was trying to run dual XP's but got a message saying that the processors weren't compatible to run in MP. I appreciate your help!

phlite

Carnecerro

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not sure but I don't think Athlon 'XP's ever had multi processor support. AMD made the Athlon MP (Multi Processor) based on the Palomino core (I think)with a power rating up to 2800+. These were the only Athlons designed to be run in a multi processor system

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yep... they made a change since people were using generic XP's in their SMP systems. I have a couple of XP1700+ chips in a dual CPU rig and they run fine. But I think AMD changed that so you have to buy their MP chips.

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

G

<A HREF="http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/articles.hwz?cid=2&aid=393&page=2" target="_new">Here </A>is how to make a Palli work in SMP. Not sure if this applies to Barty as well, but it might..

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

TRENDING THREADS