Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The start menu bar is two rows thick and I cannot resize it because the start
up icons for word, internet explorer are blocking it. I cannot get them to
move into the single row format.

Andrew

"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The start menu bar is two rows thick and I cannot resize it because the
> start
> up icons for word, internet explorer are blocking it. I cannot get them
> move into the single row format.

Right click the start menu bar and ensure that 'lock the taskbar' is not
ticked, untick if it is. Then you should see a few dots to the side of your
quick start icons, drag these left or right depending on where they are to
extend the size of the quickstart menu. You can now drag the task bar down
to single thickness and finish by right clicking and selecting lock the task
bar.

Hope that helps,

Andy

See if this helps:

1. Right-click a blank Desktop area.
2. Select Properties.
3. Click on the Appearance tab.
4. Select the Advanced button.
5. Select 'Caption Buttons' from the 'Item' drop-down list.
6. Check the Size field value (it is 25 by default in XP).
7. Click OK.

--
Greetings,
Daniel Martín