Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Partitioning a Virus?

Last response: in Windows 7
November 14, 2012 8:49:45 AM

Hi,

So I recently had built a computer, but I'm afraid that I am going to get a computer virus. I have two partitions, C: (for windows 7 home premium 64-bit) and F:, where I store all my data. So:

1. If a virus infects one partition, will it be able to infect other partitions?

2. If it doesn't, then how do I create a new small partition (eg. G:)  that is about 50 GB so that everything I download goes into it? I want it to be in my F: drive because I have a 1TB hdd (seagate barracuda) and there's a ton of unused space (~900GB)?

Thanks!
Nuclear101

More about : partitioning virus

Best solution

November 14, 2012 9:02:41 AM

Depends on the virus, but many if not most will infect both partitions. A "good" virus will infect your hardware and anything connected to it by ANY means.

Better to not get one in the first place. Sounds simple, but you are already preparing for it. Get a good anti-virus (free is fine) MS Essentials is finally mature for 7 unless you want more hands on control. Be very careful what you click, there is alot of BS on the internet. Don't open random attachments until you confirm someone sent you something. If it sounds too good to true, or too bad to wait, it's probably a trick. Etc. etc. etc. just be smart,
November 14, 2012 9:49:56 AM

abbadon_34 said:
Depends on the virus, but many if not most will infect both partitions. A "good" virus will infect your hardware and anything connected to it by ANY means.

Better to not get one in the first place. Sounds simple, but you are already preparing for it. Get a good anti-virus (free is fine) MS Essentials is finally mature for 7 unless you want more hands on control. Be very careful what you click, there is alot of BS on the internet. Don't open random attachments until you confirm someone sent you something. If it sounds too good to true, or too bad to wait, it's probably a trick. Etc. etc. etc. just be smart,

Oh, ok, thanks!
Score
Related resources
November 14, 2012 9:52:00 AM

Best answer selected by Nuclear101.
Score
November 14, 2012 8:04:01 PM

You are welcome
Score
!