USB2 on Dimension XPSB

After I have installed a PCIcard with 4 USB2 connectors, I cannot see anything happening
when I connect some USB device.
Connecting before bootup will do worse: XP hangs up just before the Welcome screen.
I have installed KB822603, but it doesnot help.

Connecting to the old onboard USB1 works fine.
5 answers Last reply
More about usb2 dimension xpsb

    Is there any indication in Device Manager that there is a problem? What
    about in the event logs?

    Have you tried a different PCI slot?

    Is there anything in your BIOS settings for USB legacy devices? If there
    is, you might try disabling the setting.

    "_paul" <getNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
    > After I have installed a PCIcard with 4 USB2 connectors, I cannot see
    anything happening
    > when I connect some USB device.
    > Connecting before bootup will do worse: XP hangs up just before the
    Welcome screen.
    > I have installed KB822603, but it doesnot help.
    >
    > Connecting to the old onboard USB1 works fine.

    Did you install the drivers before you inserted the card?

    "_paul" <getNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
    > After I have installed a PCIcard with 4 USB2 connectors, I cannot see
    anything happening
    > when I connect some USB device.
    > Connecting before bootup will do worse: XP hangs up just before the
    Welcome screen.
    > I have installed KB822603, but it doesnot help.
    >
    > Connecting to the old onboard USB1 works fine.

    Additional info: I run XP SP1. Bios is rev A06 (tried A08, but A08 is a mess).

    _paul wrote:
    > After I have installed a PCIcard with 4 USB2 connectors, I cannot see anything
    happening
    > when I connect some USB device.
    > Connecting before bootup will do worse: XP hangs up just before the Welcome screen.
    > I have installed KB822603, but it doesnot help.
    >
    > Connecting to the old onboard USB1 works fine.

    Device Manager looks 100% OK.
    The only thing I can do in the Bios is enable/disable USB. I leave it on enable.

    Next time I open the case, I will try another PCIslot. May be swap with the
    Firewire-card.

    snoopy wrote:
    > Is there any indication in Device Manager that there is a problem? What
    > about in the event logs?
    >
    > Have you tried a different PCI slot?
    >
    > Is there anything in your BIOS settings for USB legacy devices? If there
    > is, you might try disabling the setting.
    >

    > "_paul" <getNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
    >> After I have installed a PCIcard with 4 USB2 connectors, I cannot see anything
    >> happening when I connect some USB device.
    >> Connecting before bootup will do worse: XP hangs up just before the Welcome screen.
    >> I have installed KB822603, but it doesnot help.
    >>
    >> Connecting to the old onboard USB1 works fine.

    I didnot installed any driver. I thought XP-SP1 had the necessary drivers.

    joe_tide wrote:
    > Did you install the drivers before you inserted the card?
    >
    > "_paul" <getNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
    >> After I have installed a PCIcard with 4 USB2 connectors, I cannot see anything
    >> happening when I connect some USB device.
    >> Connecting before bootup will do worse: XP hangs up just before the Welcome screen.
    >> I have installed KB822603, but it doesnot help.
    >>
    >> Connecting to the old onboard USB1 works fine.

Dell Dimension Computers