Sign in with
Your question

Westinghouse TV not working with Blu-Ray player

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 11, 2012 4:01:11 AM

Hello,

I just purchased a Westinghouse EW32S5UW 32 LED TV. I also bought a Toshiba Blu-Ray player. When I connect the blu-ray player the startup screen comes on for a couple seconds then I get a black screen. I tried using both HDMI slots and neither worked. Both HDMI slots work because the cable box works on both. I can get the blu-ray player to work on my Sony HDTV. So I know the player works any help wouldbe greatly appreciated.
a b x TV
September 11, 2012 4:59:50 AM

Did you set up the TV to accept a signal from your Blu-Ray player (page 23 of the user manual)?

-Wolf sends
m
l
September 11, 2012 8:51:48 PM

I went through and chose HDMI 2 for blu ray player and still have a black screen. I still have my cable box and it works. Thanks for the response.
m
l
Related resources
November 14, 2012 11:34:07 PM

I've dealt with this exact issue for the last 3 months. My Toshiba BDX2250 worked fine with my Westinghouse but the blu ray player broke after 7 months so I returned it to get a new one but they didn't have any more of those models and gave me a newer model - BDX2300. That one gave me the start up screen and then went black EXACLTY like yours. Then, I got another one of the same players cuz I thought it was broken and then I realized it just was the tv or the model. So finally they send me another newer model the BDX3300. This one does the SAME thing. I call Westinghouse and they constantly say a level 2 tech will call me back but they lie. Now the 3rd person I talk to tells me Westinghouse isn't compatible with Toshiba blu ray but I ask if its all the tvs and she says she doesn't know she doesnt see why it would only be one but I wonder if its cuz this is a black friday tv? But then again, I think Westinghouse just SUCKS and none of them work with toshiba at all cuz they lie to me constantly. I hate Westinghouse and am filling out a complaint to the Better Business Bureau BBB now. This has been a horrible experience and I will always buy the good brands from now on!!!

jkingp said:
I went through and chose HDMI 2 for blu ray player and still have a black screen. I still have my cable box and it works. Thanks for the response.

m
l
a b x TV
November 15, 2012 3:26:27 PM

I would try connecting the Bluray to the TV with component or composite video just to get the setup display to be usable. See if you can set the HDMI output to 720p. Maybe it is misreading the resolution of the the TV as 1080p and so you we not get a picture once the Bluray has booted up.
m
l
!