Sign in with
Your question

Cant get Audio Out to work from my monitor (PS3 gaming)

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 18, 2010 3:23:08 AM

Hi alll, I just bought my self a brand new AOC 2436vwh 23.6” monitor (w/ built in spearkers) yesterday and I am only running my playstation through it via HDMI……which works great….however I also bought some brand new speakers to go with it but for some reason cannot get the audio out to work with my speakers after connecting it together…any suggestions?...is it a conflict with the HDMI outputs?

Also one last strange thing that is happening is that when I play the PS3…(FIFA 11) the commentary seems to have disappeared…I have checked the settings of the game but cant for the life of me find out why I can only hear the music and crowd and no commentary…suggestions here would also be helpful! ( I am presuming a faulty HDMI cable??)
October 24, 2010 11:04:25 PM

How did you connect your speaker and what settings do you have your PS3 on?
m
l
December 20, 2011 1:35:00 PM

I'm in the same boat as this anonymous guy. What is the problem here?
I've got PS3 connected to monitor via HDMI and speakers connected to monitor. cannot get speakers to output sound! :( 

sorry for bumping an old thread..

but, please, help would be much appreciated!

thanks in advanced!
m
l
Related resources
December 20, 2011 2:57:00 PM

Set PS3 audio settings to default for HDMI – You should be able to play sounds on your TV then set TV audio settings to output SPDIF. Set your audio system (amp/speakers) to accept SPDIF signals.

NOTE:

Make sure you have connected the toslink cable on your TV / Monitor to SPDIF OUTPUT and not on INPUT.
TV audio output also include SPDIF signal. There should be red light at the end of toslink cable from the TV.
All components must be connected and working properly.
m
l
December 20, 2011 3:12:47 PM

how is AOC monitor results. how did you choose this
m
l
!