Sign in with
Your question

Dental x ray scanning

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Anonymous
October 18, 2010 4:31:57 AM

Hello,
what is areasonably priced scanner to scan dntal x ray films?

More about : dental ray scanning

October 18, 2010 6:41:12 AM

I'll refer this to an expert;)
October 18, 2010 7:12:43 AM

Can I ask for for what purpose do you want to scan the film? Well, if you have a common dental x-ray film like say a #2 sized periaphical or even a panoramic film and want to have a copy suitable to email to another doctor for example...one way is to put the film on a lighted x-ray viewbox and photograph it with good quality 10x zoom digital camera. Photoshop is a great way to crop and adjust the light and density, etc. and prepare a .jpeg image suitable for email transmission. We do it all the time. We do not scan any of our x-rays. Trade secret?
Related resources
December 12, 2011 3:26:50 AM

Quote:
Hello,

December 12, 2011 3:36:06 AM

there are computer scanners that scan xray perfectly. then we can print that scavved xray or email it. I want to know if any one know which scanner can scan xray perfectly. There is no need to take a picture of the xray by a digital camera then load it to the computer when a computer scanner can do it. this is good if someone has a lot of xray that want to store them digitally and then convert to digital xray and get red of the xray and processing xray.
December 26, 2011 10:50:09 PM

Quote:
Hello,

I've scanned X-ray films for 10 years now and your real decision is between CCD and Laser Film Digitizers. Honestly, Laser Digitizer are pretty much dead and the only major brand that still manufactures them is Kodak. So while I love and resell Kodak Document Scanners, Vidar Corp kicks their butt in X-ray scanning (Howtek is a distant 3rd). They have several models available and some pretty easy and intuitive digitizing software. If you're a small practice on a budget than I would suggest looking on eBay, DotMed or Aunt Minnie to find a good used unit for sale on their RAD Equipment Listings. If you're a tiny practice with no budget then buy a good quality flatbed scanner - if it can scan 35 mm film then it can scan dental film - the negative to postive properties are the same. Hope this helps!

Matt O'Brien
Director of Business Development
Century Document Imaging
http://www.centurydocumentimaging.com
!