Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My original problem was that the start menu bar is two rows thick and cannot
be re sized because quick start icons are underneath the start menu button
just slightly to the right horizontally. I followed Andy's instructions but
the few dots that appeared after I unticked lock the taskbar, (after right
clicking on start menu) cannot be dragged to the right or anywhere. Now what
can I do to get the start menu bar into single row size?

Byte

Uncheck Quicklaunch, or delete some of the icons.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Michael" wrote:

> My original problem was that the start menu bar is two rows thick and cannot
> be re sized because quick start icons are underneath the start menu button
> just slightly to the right horizontally. I followed Andy's instructions but
> the few dots that appeared after I unticked lock the taskbar, (after right
> clicking on start menu) cannot be dragged to the right or anywhere. Now what
> can I do to get the start menu bar into single row size?

Open Task Manager, click Start, Run and enter TASKMGR Go to the Processes tab. Now, open Regedit (Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

In the right pane, locate the ShellState value. Right click it and select Delete. Don't worry, it will be re-created as needed. Now, go back to Task Manager and in the Processes tab locate Explorer.exe. Highlight it and click End Process. Answer yes to the prompt. Now go to File, New Task (Run) and enter EXPLORER.EXE. The windows shell will restart and your taskbar should be back to its default size.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.