XP Pro Remote Desktop

September 1, 2005 3:27:15 PM

I used to use pcAnywhere to provide assistance to people remotely. I
could remotely take over their PC and talk to them on the phone and
give instruction while they watched me operate their computer.

Remote Desktop allows me to logon to their computer remotely but it
blanks the remote screen so they are unable to watch my operations
while I talk them through what I am doing.

Is there anyway around this with remote desktop?

Thanks

More about : pro remote desktop

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 3:45:54 PM

Hi Doug

Many thanks for the fast reply. I'm not sure how exactly to go about
using Messenger and Remote Assistance to connect to another's system
but I'll certainly explore. Are there any details on your site?

Thanks again

Alan

Doug Knox MS-MVP wrote:
> Use Windows Messenger and Remote Assistance.

> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> <alan_vowles@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1125599235.335254.18750@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >I used to use pcAnywhere to provide assistance to people remotely. I
> > could remotely take over their PC and talk to them on the phone and
> > give instruction while they watched me operate their computer.
> >
> > Remote Desktop allows me to logon to their computer remotely but it
> > blanks the remote screen so they are unable to watch my operations
> > while I talk them through what I am doing.
> >
> > Is there anyway around this with remote desktop?
> >
> > Thanks

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 6:31:26 PM

Use Windows Messenger and Remote Assistance.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

<alan_vowles@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1125599235.335254.18750@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I used to use pcAnywhere to provide assistance to people remotely. I
> could remotely take over their PC and talk to them on the phone and
> give instruction while they watched me operate their computer.
>
> Remote Desktop allows me to logon to their computer remotely but it
> blanks the remote screen so they are unable to watch my operations
> while I talk them through what I am doing.
>
> Is there anyway around this with remote desktop?
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 7:37:45 PM

No, but there is plenty of information in XP's Help and Support.

!