XP Pro Remote Desktop

I used to use pcAnywhere to provide assistance to people remotely. I
could remotely take over their PC and talk to them on the phone and
give instruction while they watched me operate their computer.

Remote Desktop allows me to logon to their computer remotely but it
blanks the remote screen so they are unable to watch my operations
while I talk them through what I am doing.

Is there anyway around this with remote desktop?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop

    Hi Doug

    Many thanks for the fast reply. I'm not sure how exactly to go about
    using Messenger and Remote Assistance to connect to another's system
    but I'll certainly explore. Are there any details on your site?

    Thanks again

    Alan

    Doug Knox MS-MVP wrote:
    > Use Windows Messenger and Remote Assistance.

    > Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    > http://www.dougknox.com
    > --------------------------------
    > --------------------------------
    > Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
    >
    > <alan_vowles@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1125599235.335254.18750@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > >I used to use pcAnywhere to provide assistance to people remotely. I
    > > could remotely take over their PC and talk to them on the phone and
    > > give instruction while they watched me operate their computer.
    > >
    > > Remote Desktop allows me to logon to their computer remotely but it
    > > blanks the remote screen so they are unable to watch my operations
    > > while I talk them through what I am doing.
    > >
    > > Is there anyway around this with remote desktop?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Use Windows Messenger and Remote Assistance.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    <alan_vowles@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1125599235.335254.18750@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >I used to use pcAnywhere to provide assistance to people remotely. I
    > could remotely take over their PC and talk to them on the phone and
    > give instruction while they watched me operate their computer.
    >
    > Remote Desktop allows me to logon to their computer remotely but it
    > blanks the remote screen so they are unable to watch my operations
    > while I talk them through what I am doing.
    >
    > Is there anyway around this with remote desktop?
    >
    > Thanks

    No, but there is plenty of information in XP's Help and Support.

    <alan_vowles@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1125600354.795512.119170@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > Hi Doug
    >
    > Many thanks for the fast reply. I'm not sure how exactly to go about
    > using Messenger and Remote Assistance to connect to another's system
    > but I'll certainly explore. Are there any details on your site?
    >
    > Thanks again
    >
    > Alan
    >
    > Doug Knox MS-MVP wrote:
    >> Use Windows Messenger and Remote Assistance.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security
    >> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    >> http://www.dougknox.com
    >> --------------------------------
    >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
    >> --------------------------------
    >> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
    >> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
    >>
    >> <alan_vowles@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1125599235.335254.18750@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >> >I used to use pcAnywhere to provide assistance to people remotely. I
    >> > could remotely take over their PC and talk to them on the phone and
    >> > give instruction while they watched me operate their computer.
    >> >
    >> > Remote Desktop allows me to logon to their computer remotely but it
    >> > blanks the remote screen so they are unable to watch my operations
    >> > while I talk them through what I am doing.
    >> >
    >> > Is there anyway around this with remote desktop?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

Remote Desktop Computers Windows XP