Inspiron 4100 battery.

I bought a new 4100 about 2 years ago and it has been plugged in pretty much
the whole time. I now only get about 15 minutes out of my battery.

When fully charged all 5 LEDs will show up. Power management tells me its
100%, etc.

Short of getting a new battery is there anything I can do?

Is buying a battery off eBay just a bad idea?

Thanks.

No, Yes.
"Jason Ish" <jbi130@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I bought a new 4100 about 2 years ago and it has been plugged in pretty
>much
> the whole time. I now only get about 15 minutes out of my battery.
>
> When fully charged all 5 LEDs will show up. Power management tells me its
> 100%, etc.
>
> Short of getting a new battery is there anything I can do?
>
> Is buying a battery off eBay just a bad idea?
>
> Thanks.

Really, Tom, you should have kept your answer short!! [grin] (sorry,
couldn't resist that [lol])

Basically Tom is right!!

However, this is a long shot & probably will NOT work (but it is worth a
try), you may be able to recover the Battery a bit by trying to use it!!
In other words, charge up the Battery & then use the Lap-Top without
Mains Power until the Battery totally flattens. Repeat this a few times!

HTH

Regards,
John