Startup issues

Can anyone give me some suggestions regarding a startup issue? When I log
onto xp I get as far as the desktop then it stops laoding. No desktop icons
or taskbar load. What is up with that? Tried safe-mode but don't know the
admin password...
Thanks in advance
1 answer Last reply
More about startup issues

    Try going into Start Run and in the run box type msconfig. On the General
    Tab make sure the box is checked for "Normal Startup - load all device
    drivers and services. If it is already checked look on the other tabs and
    make sure all the boxes are checked. There is a box on each window that
    allows you to enable or disable all. Make sure they are all enabled.

    Good Luck

    "STC" wrote:

    > Can anyone give me some suggestions regarding a startup issue? When I log
    > onto xp I get as far as the desktop then it stops laoding. No desktop icons
    > or taskbar load. What is up with that? Tried safe-mode but don't know the
    > admin password...
    > Thanks in advance

Windows XP