Startup issues

September 1, 2005 4:01:32 PM

Can anyone give me some suggestions regarding a startup issue? When I log
onto xp I get as far as the desktop then it stops laoding. No desktop icons
or taskbar load. What is up with that? Tried safe-mode but don't know the
admin password...
Thanks in advance

More about : startup issues

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 6:41:04 PM

Try going into Start Run and in the run box type msconfig. On the General
Tab make sure the box is checked for "Normal Startup - load all device
drivers and services. If it is already checked look on the other tabs and
make sure all the boxes are checked. There is a box on each window that
allows you to enable or disable all. Make sure they are all enabled.

Good Luck

!