Question on Fragmented Master Boot Record

When I use the diskeeper 8.0 to defrage the drive, it found out that on my
master boot record there are 3 fragments. how to unified these 3 fragments
into 1?

Thanks for any suggestion on software or freeware.

Thanks for reply
6 answers Last reply
More about question fragmented master boot record

    The master boot record on the hard drive is not contained within the
    filesystem.
    Defragmentation is done to the filesystem.
    If you're talking about some locked system files, leave it alone.
    "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > When I use the diskeeper 8.0 to defrage the drive, it found out that on my
    > master boot record there are 3 fragments. how to unified these 3 fragments
    > into 1?
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestion on software or freeware.
    >

    > Thanks for reply

    "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > When I use the diskeeper 8.0 to defrage the drive, it found out that on my
    > master boot record there are 3 fragments. how to unified these 3 fragments
    > into 1?
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestion on software or freeware.
    >

    > Thanks for reply
    What problem does this fragmentation cause? It surely can't be very serious
    because you only need this file once per boot.
    Jim

    Thanks for reply.

    Actually, The progress of booting is really slow although after i managed to
    enter windows it is quite fast.

    How can I increase the booting spped or unified/defrag the fragmented master
    boot record

    =?Utf-8?B?T25seWphbWVzYm9uZDAwNw==?= wrote:

    > When I use the diskeeper 8.0 to defrage the drive, it found out that on my
    > master boot record there are 3 fragments. how to unified these 3 fragments
    > into 1?

    Please state what is NOT working on that pc.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    How do you know the mbr is fragmented?

    > Thanks for reply.
    >
    > Actually, The progress of booting is really slow although after i managed
    > enter windows it is quite fast.
    >
    > How can I increase the booting spped or unified/defrag the fragmented
    master
    > boot record
    >
    > "Lil' Dave" wrote:
    >
    > > The master boot record on the hard drive is not contained within the
    > > filesystem.
    > > Defragmentation is done to the filesystem.
    > > If you're talking about some locked system files, leave it alone.
    > > "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > When I use the diskeeper 8.0 to defrage the drive, it found out that
    on my
    > > > master boot record there are 3 fragments. how to unified these 3
    fragments
    > > > into 1?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for any suggestion on software or freeware.
    > > >

    > > > Thanks for reply

    On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:05:04 -0700, "Onlyjamesbond007"
    <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >When I use the diskeeper 8.0 to defrage the drive, it found out that on my
    >master boot record there are 3 fragments. how to unified these 3 fragments
    >into 1?
    >
    >Thanks for any suggestion on software or freeware.
    >

    >Thanks for reply

    Since Diskkeeper does not show anything about the master boot record,
    how in the heck do you know it has three fragments in it?

    Are you actually talking about the Master File Table? If so,
    Diskeeper can usually defragment that during the normal operation. If
    it does not defragfment it completely then you need to run a boot time
    defrag with it which will completely defrag the MFT.

Boot Microsoft Windows XP