No dump after Blue Screen

I was restarting the PC after hibernate recently and I got a Blue
Screen. I rebooted.

Where can I find any log info about this crash?

-----------

In System properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery settings, I
have got the following which I think are the defaults:

Write An Event To The System Log - set to yes
Send An Administrative Alert - set to yes
Automatically restart - set to no
Write Debugging Information - set to "Small Dump (64 KB)"
Small Dump Directory - set to "%SystemRoot%\Minidump"

Paging file on C: is 5 to 50 MB and on D it is 350 to 700 MB.
768 MB memory installed.
Hibernate will sometimes be on.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx
3 answers Last reply
More about dump blue screen

    The file will be in C:\Windows\Minidump
    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Alex Coleman" <coalie@nomail.com> wrote in message news:96C4D2D8F755E31E75@204.153.244.156...
    >I was restarting the PC after hibernate recently and I got a Blue
    > Screen. I rebooted.
    >
    > Where can I find any log info about this crash?
    >
    > -----------
    >
    > In System properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery settings, I
    > have got the following which I think are the defaults:
    >

    > Write An Event To The System Log - set to yes
    > Send An Administrative Alert - set to yes
    > Automatically restart - set to no
    > Write Debugging Information - set to "Small Dump (64 KB)"
    > Small Dump Directory - set to "%SystemRoot%\Minidump"
    >

    > Paging file on C: is 5 to 50 MB and on D it is 350 to 700 MB.
    > 768 MB memory installed.
    > Hibernate will sometimes be on.
    >

    > http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx

    Simply open Start, Run, type (without quotes) '%SystemRoot%\Minidump' and click OK. The minidump files will appear on the screen.

    --
    Greetings,
    Daniel Martín

    "Alex Coleman" <coalie@nomail.com> wrote in message news:96C4D2D8F755E31E75@204.153.244.156...
    >I was restarting the PC after hibernate recently and I got a Blue
    > Screen. I rebooted.
    >
    > Where can I find any log info about this crash?
    >
    > -----------
    >
    > In System properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery settings, I
    > have got the following which I think are the defaults:
    >

    > Write An Event To The System Log - set to yes
    > Send An Administrative Alert - set to yes
    > Automatically restart - set to no
    > Write Debugging Information - set to "Small Dump (64 KB)"
    > Small Dump Directory - set to "%SystemRoot%\Minidump"
    >

    > Paging file on C: is 5 to 50 MB and on D it is 350 to 700 MB.
    > 768 MB memory installed.
    > Hibernate will sometimes be on.
    >

    > http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx

    The folder C:\windows\Minidump is empty. It has a Modified Date
    of 20 Aug 2005 but it has no contents.

    What is happening?

    On Thu 01 Sep 2005 22:14:33, Daniel Martín wrote:

    > Simply open Start, Run, type (without quotes)
    > '%SystemRoot%\Minidump' and click OK. The minidump files will
    > appear on the screen.
    >
    > Greetings,
    > Daniel Mart¡n

    > "Alex Coleman" <coalie@nomail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I was restarting the PC after hibernate recently and I got
    >> a Blue Screen. I rebooted.
    >> Where can I find any log info about this crash?
    >>
    >> -----------
    >>
    >> In System properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery
    >> settings, I have got the following which I think are the
    >> defaults:
    >>

    >> Write An Event To The System Log - set to yes
    >> Send An Administrative Alert - set to yes
    >> Automatically restart - set to no
    >> Write Debugging Information - set to "Small Dump (64 KB)"
    >> Small Dump Directory - set to "%SystemRoot%\Minidump"
    >>

    >> Paging file on C: is 5 to 50 MB and on D it is 350 to 700 MB.
    >> 768 MB memory installed.
    >> Hibernate will sometimes be on.

Blue Screen Windows XP