CPU upgrade for Presario 5221

Can anybody help a newbie, to work out how to upgrade my AMD K6
380mhz? I have replaced the CPU with a AMD 500mhz but the computer
still recognises it as a 380!

The Bios is of no help, so are there any jumpers that need to be
changed.

Also what is the Max amount of RAM the computer will take and which
kind.

TIA

Adrian Williams

hh

There should be a label inside the case showing the locations of the
processor bus, core voltage and clock ratio multiplier jumpers. You likely
will have to reset all 3. Hopefully you haven't damaged the 500 by having
the wrong core voltage set.
HH