Sign in with
Your question

Monitor making noises and going black every once in a while?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 20, 2010 10:04:59 PM

Hey guys,

I am using a Hanns G HG281D 27.5" monitor. I've had it since February 2010.

Starting in August, I've begun to notice on some pages I've loaded (seems like pages with a lot of white on them?), mainly wikipedia and gmail, the monitor makes a buzzing noise whenever it's on these pages, and as soon as i go to another tab on my browser or close the page the buzzing ends.

On top of that, I've noticed whenever I turn on my computer, restart it, or as it loads a game (as soon as the screen goes black as the games about to start), i hear a loud ''pop'' noise. I'm really confused as to what's making this noise, as it only happens at specific times when loading certain things and turning on the computer.

Lastly, along with what's listed above, every once in a while the monitor will just go completely black for a few seconds. It happens at completely random times, it seems. So i'll be browsing something on firefox or itunes, and it will just go black for a few seconds, then come back on, accompanied by the ''pop'' noise i previously described. There will be weeks at a time where it won't happen, then there will be certain days where it will happen every minute, for half an hour. It can get pretty annoying!

Anyone have any idea what's going on with my monitor? I'm wondering if it's the monitor or something to do with my computer, I'm pretty confused and not very knowledgeable in tech, any help would be appreciated!
a c 106 C Monitor
October 21, 2010 7:31:05 PM

Replace the monitor, sounds like your power supply is going bad. I have seen these things actually start to burn, so it's not a safe thing to have continue.
m
l
!