System freeze by DVD

I had system freeze when entering a DVD in DVD-player. Only way out was total
reboot by power switch off. Someone suggested reinstalling XP-pro. O
nevertheless bought a new player. problem was not solved so i reinstalled
XP-pro. problem seemed solved however problem reoccurred. could there be a
conflict when a autorun coincides with a XP autodetect device?
Syst, information:
Proc Pent 4 3000 GHz 1Gb RAM
on IDE1: 2 HDD, 1 SATA HDD, on IDE2: 1 ATAPI CD Rom; 1 BENQ DVD writer
--
Thanks for reading
Wijnand

    Wijnand wrote:
    > I had system freeze when entering a DVD in DVD-player. Only way out was total
    > reboot by power switch off. Someone suggested reinstalling XP-pro. O
    > nevertheless bought a new player. problem was not solved so i reinstalled
    > XP-pro. problem seemed solved however problem reoccurred. could there be a
    > conflict when a autorun coincides with a XP autodetect device?
    > Syst, information:
    > Proc Pent 4 3000 GHz 1Gb RAM
    > on IDE1: 2 HDD, 1 SATA HDD, on IDE2: 1 ATAPI CD Rom; 1 BENQ DVD writer

    The symptoms describe a hardware fault with/without an
    application that is non-responding, or vice versa. Difficult
    to ascertain whether or not the DVD player is having problems
    reading the DVD disc or if the DVD-reader/viewer app is hanging
    due to mis-reading of the DVD disc. On IDE2, make the DVD writer
    the Master and the CD reader, the Slave and test. Just a "voodoo"
    solution that might work.

    Actually my DVD is master and my CD slave.
    right now i am totallay at a loss. just for the sake of it i tries to burn a
    CD with the DVD writer. to my surprise it actually worked. however after
    burning i entered a written cd in dvd player and the system froze again.
    after turning off the power and going through the routine of the blue screen
    the system flashed up. i entered a empty DVD in the writer and it asked for
    additional service: what do you want to do so i started Nero startsmart and
    no errors occurred. i then inserted a used dvd and it showed the contents.
    same with a written CD. this trial and error is driving me up the wall!!!
    i hope somone out there recognizes my problems and has an answer to solve
    this.
    --
    Thanks for reading
    Wijnand

    "Ghostrider" wrote:

    > Wijnand wrote:
    > > I had system freeze when entering a DVD in DVD-player. Only way out was total
    > > reboot by power switch off. Someone suggested reinstalling XP-pro. O
    > > nevertheless bought a new player. problem was not solved so i reinstalled
    > > XP-pro. problem seemed solved however problem reoccurred. could there be a
    > > conflict when a autorun coincides with a XP autodetect device?
    > > Syst, information:
    > > Proc Pent 4 3000 GHz 1Gb RAM
    > > on IDE1: 2 HDD, 1 SATA HDD, on IDE2: 1 ATAPI CD Rom; 1 BENQ DVD writer
    >

    > The symptoms describe a hardware fault with/without an
    > application that is non-responding, or vice versa. Difficult
    > to ascertain whether or not the DVD player is having problems
    > reading the DVD disc or if the DVD-reader/viewer app is hanging
    > due to mis-reading of the DVD disc. On IDE2, make the DVD writer
    > the Master and the CD reader, the Slave and test. Just a "voodoo"
    > solution that might work.

    Those DVD's that are making the system freeze were they written with another DVD writer by any chance.?
    This can occur when DVD,s written on another system or with another DVD write program were not finalized properly to read from any DVD-Rom

    --
    Peter

    "Wijnand" <wijnand@wijnand.com> wrote in message news:0C26B9BC-5358-42EF-98E7-1715F7266114@microsoft.com...
    >I had system freeze when entering a DVD in DVD-player. Only way out was total
    > reboot by power switch off. Someone suggested reinstalling XP-pro. O
    > nevertheless bought a new player. problem was not solved so i reinstalled
    > XP-pro. problem seemed solved however problem reoccurred. could there be a
    > conflict when a autorun coincides with a XP autodetect device?
    > Syst, information:
    > Proc Pent 4 3000 GHz 1Gb RAM
    > on IDE1: 2 HDD, 1 SATA HDD, on IDE2: 1 ATAPI CD Rom; 1 BENQ DVD writer
    > --
    > Thanks for reading
    > Wijnand

    Yes they were written by my earlier DVD writer and others. the event occurs
    also with original DVDs such as program DVDs. The event occurred also when my
    earlier DVD was still installed in my PC.
    --
    Thanks for reading
    Wijnand

    "Peter Foldes" wrote:

    > Those DVD's that are making the system freeze were they written with another DVD writer by any chance.?
    > This can occur when DVD,s written on another system or with another DVD write program were not finalized properly to read from any DVD-Rom
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    > "Wijnand" <wijnand@wijnand.com> wrote in message news:0C26B9BC-5358-42EF-98E7-1715F7266114@microsoft.com...
    > >I had system freeze when entering a DVD in DVD-player. Only way out was total
    > > reboot by power switch off. Someone suggested reinstalling XP-pro. O
    > > nevertheless bought a new player. problem was not solved so i reinstalled
    > > XP-pro. problem seemed solved however problem reoccurred. could there be a
    > > conflict when a autorun coincides with a XP autodetect device?
    > > Syst, information:
    > > Proc Pent 4 3000 GHz 1Gb RAM
    > > on IDE1: 2 HDD, 1 SATA HDD, on IDE2: 1 ATAPI CD Rom; 1 BENQ DVD writer
    > > --
    > > Thanks for reading
    > > Wijnand

DVD Windows XP