Jared

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

I cannot find my system 32 folder!! It is normally in C:\WINDOWS but i cannot
find it. It may be hidden, but i don know for to look for a hidden folder.
Does anyone know how i can find it because search can't find it either!

Jared

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Its not in the hidden folders either. Its weird, too, because programs that
require a system 32 document/file start up fine. Please someone help me!

"MAP" wrote:

> Jared wrote:
> > I cannot find my system 32 folder!! It is normally in C:\WINDOWS but
> > i cannot find it. It may be hidden, but i don know for to look for a
> > hidden folder. Does anyone know how i can find it because search
> > can't find it either!
>
> http://www.york.ac.uk/services/cserv/help/compyrk/hidden.htm
>
> I'm sure that it is their.
>

> --
> Mike Pawlak

The System32 folder is marked as a hidden and system folder. In Windows Explorer go to Tools, Folder Options, View. Select the radio button for Show hidden files and folders and uncheck the box Hide protected operating system files.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Jared" <Jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C47293E8-F363-48D6-8F40-4591567A7BBE@microsoft.com...
> Its not in the hidden folders either. Its weird, too, because programs that
> require a system 32 document/file start up fine. Please someone help me!
>
> "MAP" wrote:
>
>> Jared wrote:
>> > I cannot find my system 32 folder!! It is normally in C:\WINDOWS but
>> > i cannot find it. It may be hidden, but i don know for to look for a
>> > hidden folder. Does anyone know how i can find it because search
>> > can't find it either!
>>
>> http://www.york.ac.uk/services/cserv/help/compyrk/hidden.htm
>>
>> I'm sure that it is their.
>>

>> --
>> Mike Pawlak

Your computer would not boot into Windows without the system32 folder. It is
hidden so people who have no knowledge will not screw around with it.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

>I cannot find my system 32 folder!! It is normally in C:\WINDOWS but i
>cannot
> find it. It may be hidden, but i don know for to look for a hidden folder.
> Does anyone know how i can find it because search can't find it either!

Jared

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Thanks, i found it now. :) .... figures, i guess i wasn't thinking hard
enough.
haha

Jared Wrote:
> Its not in the hidden folders either. Its weird, too, because programs
> that
> require a system 32 document/file start up fine. Please someone help
> me!
>
> "MAP" wrote:
> -
> Jared wrote:-
> I cannot find my system 32 folder!! It is normally in C:\WINDOWS but
> i cannot find it. It may be hidden, but i don know for to look for a
> hidden folder. Does anyone know how i can find it because search
> can't find it either!-
>
> http://tinyurl.com/apdqg
>
> I'm sure that it is their.
>

> --
> Mike Pawlak
>

> -

If I am not mistaken, you also have to enable the "Show Protected
Operating System Files". Try see if that fixes the problem.

--
Evolution54