More about kazaa

    From: "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | Hi there!
    |
    | Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
    |
    | Thank you

    Nope. No P2P software is "Safe". Some may be just safer than others but they are all
    vectos of infection and backdoors to your data.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Fabian wrote:
    > Hi there!
    >
    > Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
    >
    > Thank you

    Read here.
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/p2p/

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    *NO* P2P software is Safe.

    --
    Peter

    "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45645969-6C63-4C4F-8E98-D253AEEBD0FB@microsoft.com...
    > Hi there!
    >
    > Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
    >
    > Thank you

    Kazaa is not safe. It loads spyware when you install it. Limewire is free
    and has no spyware. It is safe and free despite what another poster has
    said.

    "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there!
    >
    > Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
    >
    > Thank you

    Butthead,do you have tunnel vision or something?
    What the "other" poster was refering to as I read it is that any program
    which allows someone else access to your system can and will have flaws in
    to exploit.And the possibilty to exploit them and gain access to the rest of
    your system is (may) be their.Think of the larger picture.

    Mike Pawlak

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Kazaa is not safe. It loads spyware when you install it. Limewire is
    > free and has no spyware. It is safe and free despite what another
    > poster has said.
    >

    > "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi there!
    >>
    >> Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
    >>
    >> Thank you

    *ANY* P2P software on your computer is a security risk.

    There is no *SAFE* P2P software available.

    LimeWire is no safer than Kazaa.

    Bobby

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > Kazaa is not safe. It loads spyware when you install it. Limewire is free
    > and has no spyware. It is safe and free despite what another poster has
    > said.

    > "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi there!
    >>
    >> Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
    >>
    >> Thank you

    pcbutts

    There are P2P sharing programs that are indeed spyware free.. so they are no
    problem in themselves.. but what about the files that people download?..
    apart from the legalities of downloading certain file types, there is the
    problem of what is contained within the downloaded files/zip files..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > Kazaa is not safe. It loads spyware when you install it. Limewire is free
    > and has no spyware. It is safe and free despite what another poster has
    > said.

    > "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi there!
    >>
    >> Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
    >>
    >> Thank you

    The bigger issue is that the files that are being shared may also include
    viruses, spyware, etc. And there are viruses that seek out the typical
    shared folders and plant files there, with enticing names. So those become
    available to other people to download.

    From: "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com>

    | Butthead,do you have tunnel vision or something?
    | What the "other" poster was refering to as I read it is that any program
    | which allows someone else access to your system can and will have flaws in
    | to exploit.And the possibilty to exploit them and gain access to the rest of
    | your system is (may) be their.Think of the larger picture.
    |
    | Mike Pawlak

    Thanx Mike.

    And the above is the reason why *all* P2P software is banned in many corporations and all
    the US Gov't and especially within the DoD.

    Information Bulletin
    Title: Unauthorized Peer to Peer (P2P) Programs on Government Computers
    Date: April 19, 2005
    http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/IAIP_UnauthorizedP2PProgramsGovtComp_041905.pdf

    { * Don't expect to be able to access the below without an IP on Milnet and DoD CAC * }
    DoD References:
    DoD CERT IAVA 2004-A-5001
    ftp://ftp.cert.mil/pub/bulletins/iava/iava_index.htm

    ACERT IAVA 2004-A-5001
    https://www.acert.1stiocmd.army.mil/iava/alert/2004/2004-A-5001.htm

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Your welcome,
    I found "Butts" remark amusing,you David have become the authority on
    parasites in the M/S newsgroups and for him to callange you was stupid!

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com>
    >
    >> Butthead,do you have tunnel vision or something?
    >> What the "other" poster was refering to as I read it is that any
    >> program which allows someone else access to your system can and will
    >> have flaws in to exploit.And the possibilty to exploit them and gain
    >> access to the rest of your system is (may) be their.Think of the
    >> larger picture.
    >>
    >> Mike Pawlak
    >

    > Thanx Mike.
    >
    > And the above is the reason why *all* P2P software is banned in many
    > corporations and all the US Gov't and especially within the DoD.
    >

    > Information Bulletin
    > Title: Unauthorized Peer to Peer (P2P) Programs on Government
    > Computers
    > Date: April 19, 2005

    http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/IAIP_UnauthorizedP2PProgramsGovtComp_041905.pdf

    > { * Don't expect to be able to access the below without an IP on
    > Milnet and DoD CAC * } DoD References:
    > DoD CERT IAVA 2004-A-5001
    > ftp://ftp.cert.mil/pub/bulletins/iava/iava_index.htm
    >
    > ACERT IAVA 2004-A-5001
    > https://www.acert.1stiocmd.army.mil/iava/alert/2004/2004-A-5001.htm

    "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there!
    >
    > Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
    >
    > Thank you
    Hi
    The free program includes adware, you have got to pay for the clean version
    As an alternative try this
    http://www.limewire.com/english/content/home.shtml
    It's Free Clean and faster than Kazza
    Chas

    You read way to deep into his answer. From what you are saying we might as
    well just stay off the internet because any kind of connection is
    vulnerable. You don't have to share your files with Limewire.

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > we
    > might as well just stay off the internet because any kind of
    > connection is vulnerable.

    You have finally said something that is true!

    Mike Pawlak

    Not all gov agencies follow this. They should but they don't.

    From: "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com>

    | Not all gov agencies follow this. They should but they don't.
    |
    | --

    { snickers }

    Those that don't, follow the edict, are caught by probing software (ie. eEye scanning
    software) IDS and FireWalls. I won't, in a public forum, indicate what happens when they
    trace the IP address of the PC found using the barred software.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Anyone who goes online without virus and now spyware software deserve what
    they get. I know all those P2P download files are full of viruses.

    > pcbutts
    >
    > There are P2P sharing programs that are indeed spyware free.. so they are
    > no problem in themselves.. but what about the files that people
    > download?.. apart from the legalities of downloading certain file types,
    > there is the problem of what is contained within the downloaded files/zip
    > files..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >

    > "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    >> Kazaa is not safe. It loads spyware when you install it. Limewire is free
    >> and has no spyware. It is safe and free despite what another poster has
    >> said.
    >>
    >> --

    >> "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi there!
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you

    We use "Patchlink" which is all hype but I have no say so in what they buy.
    It does not detect Trojans or spyware or P2P.

    > From: "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com>
    >
    > | Not all gov agencies follow this. They should but they don't.
    > |
    > | --
    >

    > { snickers }
    >
    > Those that don't, follow the edict, are caught by probing software (ie.
    > eEye scanning
    > software) IDS and FireWalls. I won't, in a public forum, indicate what
    > happens when they
    > trace the IP address of the PC found using the barred software.
    >
    > --
    > Dave
    > http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Can't tall you, and can't tell you either if Kazaa is entirely safe or not,
    just heard a few stories here and there about it. Try WinMX.

    http://www.winmx.com/

    - Winux P

    From: "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com>

    | We use "Patchlink" which is all hype but I have no say so in what they buy.
    | It does not detect Trojans or spyware or P2P.
    |
    | --

    Duh !

    It isn't a security scanner, threat assesment advisor or anti malware scanner. Its a
    x-platform patch management and deployment system.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Yes it is completely safe and I use it all the time. I use it to download uncle Bill's products free of charge. I have not encountered any problems as yet!!! i love it and can't live without it.

    You should also use skype for free telephony to other skype users or cheap calls to global land and cell phones. The author/owner of skype is the same guy who issued kazaa which brought uncle Bill and music industry to their knees!!

    Long live kazaa and long live Skype!!!

    Kev (fat b@astard)
    Head of CCS
    Birkbeck College
    London

    Muslims and blacks should be exterminated from this planet. New Orleans is a start!

    Fabian wrote:

    > Hi there!
    >
    > Does anyone can tall me if the Kazaa program is safe?
    >
    > Thank you
  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    From: "Kevin Brunt" <k.brunt@ccs.bbk.ac.uk>

    | Mus**** and bl**** should be exterminated from this planet. New Orleans is a start!

    With a racist attitude like that -- who should believe you.

    Racism has no place in this News Group and will NOT be tolerated !

    /* Racists are the ones that must be exterminated from this planet ! */

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    David H. Lipman <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote on Sat, 3 Sep 2005:

    >/* Racists are the ones that must be exterminated from this planet ! */

    Hear hear, David. I'm ashamed that this creature apparently comes from
    the UK.

    --
    Nightowl
  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    > Long live kazaa and long live Skype!!!
    >
    > Kev (fat b@astard)
    > Head of CCS
    > Birkbeck College
    > London
    >
    > Muslims and blacks should be exterminated from this planet. New Orleans
    > is a start!

    DO WE REALYY WANT MORONIC REMARKS LIKE THE ABOVE?

    PERHAPS BIRKBECK COLLEGE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW?
  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    From: "antioch" <r.antiochDUMPTHIS@ntlworld.com>

    >> Long live kazaa and long live Skype!!!
    >>
    >> Kev (fat b@astard)
    >> Head of CCS
    >> Birkbeck College
    >> London
    >>
    >> Muslims and blacks should be exterminated from this planet. New Orleans
    >> is a start!
    |
    | DO WE REALYY WANT MORONIC REMARKS LIKE THE ABOVE?
    >>
    | PERHAPS BIRKBECK COLLEGE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW?

    Antioch:

    This was posted in the Win98 General News Group...

    From: CCS Systems Team <abuse@bbk.ac.uk>
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
    Subject: Abusive postings apparently from Birkbeck College
    Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:02:00 +0100

    We have recently received a number of complaints about abusive and
    racist posts to some newsgroups from someone purporting to be
    member of staff at Birkbeck College. These posts have *not* been
    posted by any member of Birkbeck staff and have in fact been
    forged by someone who clearly has some kind of grudge against the
    college.

    We apologise to anyone who has been an unfortunate recipient of
    this diatribe. We would like to make it clear that the recent
    abusive posts apparently a member of our staff are forged, are not
    from Birkbeck College, and do not reflect the opinions of the
    college. It should hardly be necessary to note that the postings
    conflict with the College's regulations, and everything that the
    College has stood for since its original foundation in 1823.

    We are taking appropriate steps to identify the person forging
    these messages and are in communication with newsgroup
    administrators and the ISPs to which this person has subscribed to.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Hello David
    Thank you for the update.
    Antioch

    > From: "antioch" <r.antiochDUMPTHIS@ntlworld.com>
    >

    >>> Long live kazaa and long live Skype!!!
    >>>
    >>> Kev (fat b@astard)
    >>> Head of CCS
    >>> Birkbeck College
    >>> London
    >>>
    >>> Muslims and blacks should be exterminated from this planet. New Orleans
    >>> is a start!
    > |
    > | DO WE REALYY WANT MORONIC REMARKS LIKE THE ABOVE?
    >>>
    > | PERHAPS BIRKBECK COLLEGE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW?
    > |

    > Antioch:
    >
    > This was posted in the Win98 General News Group...
    >
    > From: CCS Systems Team <abuse@bbk.ac.uk>
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
    > Subject: Abusive postings apparently from Birkbeck College
    > Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:02:00 +0100
    >
    > We have recently received a number of complaints about abusive and
    > racist posts to some newsgroups from someone purporting to be
    > member of staff at Birkbeck College. These posts have *not* been
    > posted by any member of Birkbeck staff and have in fact been
    > forged by someone who clearly has some kind of grudge against the
    > college.
    >
    > We apologise to anyone who has been an unfortunate recipient of
    > this diatribe. We would like to make it clear that the recent
    > abusive posts apparently a member of our staff are forged, are not
    > from Birkbeck College, and do not reflect the opinions of the
    > college. It should hardly be necessary to note that the postings
    > conflict with the College's regulations, and everything that the
    > College has stood for since its original foundation in 1823.
    >
    > We are taking appropriate steps to identify the person forging
    > these messages and are in communication with newsgroup
    > administrators and the ISPs to which this person has subscribed to.
    >
    > --
    > Dave
    > http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Microsoft Windows XP