MSCONFIG

How do I keep the command items I have typed previously into the RUN
window's drop down menu.
It seems to clear almost everytime I reboot and I then have to re-type them
again. Do they always clear or is there a way to keep them listed and save
myself soem time?
Thanks in advance!
5 answers Last reply
More about msconfig

    Start Menu RUN history (RunMRU) is cleared on every restart
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/runmru.htm

    RunMRU listing - Sources
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rundel.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:56idnayyQeQv44reRVn-vw@rogers.com,
    MattW <mw668@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    > How do I keep the command items I have typed previously into the RUN
    > window's drop down menu.
    > It seems to clear almost everytime I reboot and I then have to re-type
    > them again. Do they always clear or is there a way to keep them listed
    > and save myself soem time?
    > Thanks in advance!

    They are placed on the Windows Registry. Open Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) and expand this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU. You will see there all previously typed commands in the Run box. Export the key (Edit, Export) and you will have saved all this data within a REG file.

    --
    Greetings,
    Daniel Martín

    "MattW" <mw668@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:56idnayyQeQv44reRVn-vw@rogers.com...

    > How do I keep the command items I have typed previously into the RUN
    > window's drop down menu.
    > It seems to clear almost everytime I reboot and I then have to re-type them
    > again. Do they always clear or is there a way to keep them listed and save
    > myself soem time?
    > Thanks in advance!

    Well when I rebooted this morning the old MSCONFIG entry from last night
    appeared in the Run window...so it appears that the Run entries are NOT
    always cleared on every restart.
    That is the perplexing part..it seems intermittent..why?

    > Start Menu RUN history (RunMRU) is cleared on every restart
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/runmru.htm
    >
    > RunMRU listing - Sources
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rundel.htm
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:56idnayyQeQv44reRVn-vw@rogers.com,
    > MattW <mw668@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > How do I keep the command items I have typed previously into the RUN
    > > window's drop down menu.
    > > It seems to clear almost everytime I reboot and I then have to re-type
    > > them again. Do they always clear or is there a way to keep them listed
    > > and save myself soem time?
    > > Thanks in advance!

    the only time I notice them being cleared is when I clear the IE History,
    they seem to be clumpped in w/ them.

    Spybot S&D and AdAware will remove MRU's also if you don't purposely exclude
    them. I would imagine other spyware and AV products do the same. Do you
    maybe have such a program that runs on a schedule or at start-up that might
    be clearing them?
    Just a thought......
    --
    Mark N.
    > Well when I rebooted this morning the old MSCONFIG entry from last night
    > appeared in the Run window...so it appears that the Run entries are NOT
    > always cleared on every restart.
    > That is the perplexing part..it seems intermittent..why?

    >> Start Menu RUN history (RunMRU) is cleared on every restart
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/runmru.htm
    >>
    >> RunMRU listing - Sources
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rundel.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:56idnayyQeQv44reRVn-vw@rogers.com,
    >> MattW <mw668@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> > How do I keep the command items I have typed previously into the RUN
    >> > window's drop down menu.
    >> > It seems to clear almost everytime I reboot and I then have to re-type
    >> > them again. Do they always clear or is there a way to keep them listed
    >> > and save myself soem time?
    >> > Thanks in advance!

Command Prompt Msconfig Microsoft Windows XP