• Digital TV
  • TV
  • Toshiba
  • Netbooks
  • VGA
  • Home Theatre
Last response: in Home Theatre
September 19, 2012 9:37:54 PM

I have my Acer netbook (which only has VGA) connected to the VGA input on my Toshiba 32HL933.
In order to get sound, I connected the netbook's 3,5 mm hedphone jack to the RCA input on my TV.
I know that the headphone output is working since I get sound on all other devices when I connect them.
Have tried everything in the way of input settings on the TV.

Any ideas guys?

More about : sound rca toshiba

a b x TV
September 20, 2012 6:54:28 PM

Make sure that the audio input you are using is associated with the VGA connection. I could not find a copy of the manual to check. There may also be a way to assign in to the VGA input as most newer TVs have limited non- HDMI inputs to cut costs.
September 21, 2012 10:00:30 AM

americanaudiophile said:
Make sure that the audio input you are using is associated with the VGA connection. I could not find a copy of the manual to check. There may also be a way to assign in to the VGA input as most newer TVs have limited non- HDMI inputs to cut costs.

I have almost figured that out =) I have also found a much more detailed manual than the one that followed with the tv: http://www.toshiba-om.net/LCD/PDF/English/HL933-3240-En...
BUT I can't find anything about that in the manual :/ 
Related resources
December 2, 2012 5:24:34 PM

Hi !

Did you find the solution netbooktotv ? I've the same problem with a Toshiba 32TL933 !

Thanks !
December 4, 2012 9:20:42 AM

smokan said:
Hi !

Did you find the solution netbooktotv ? I've the same problem with a Toshiba 32TL933 !

Thanks !

Yes, it had to be a 'hard' solution. There was no 'soft' workaround. I bought a VGA to HDMI converter combined with an audio cable. Works just fine.
Good luck!
!