System reboots while loading SWG after waking from standby

When I cold boot everything works normally.

However, when I bring the box out of standby and launch "Star Wars Galaxies"
the system reboots. Here are the steps:

1. Wake system from standby.
2. Load "Launchpad" (SWG Login)
3. Log in and wait to load server data.
4. During Game load system automatically reboots.
5. After Reboot everything works fine.

Note: The first few times this happened the screen would go black during
load-in and I would get a loud screetch from my speakers as it rebooted.
However this no longer happens, it just reboots.

I contacted SWG support and they simply gave me steps to clean boot. This
was no good because when the machine boots I have no problem. It is only
when I come out of standby.

--
Thank you for your help!
More about system reboots loading waking standby

    "evetsnos" <evetsnos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >When I cold boot everything works normally.
    >
    >However, when I bring the box out of standby and launch "Star Wars Galaxies"
    >the system reboots. Here are the steps:
    >
    >1. Wake system from standby.
    >2. Load "Launchpad" (SWG Login)
    >3. Log in and wait to load server data.
    >4. During Game load system automatically reboots.
    >5. After Reboot everything works fine.
    >
    >Note: The first few times this happened the screen would go black during
    >load-in and I would get a loud screetch from my speakers as it rebooted.
    >However this no longer happens, it just reboots.
    >
    >I contacted SWG support and they simply gave me steps to clean boot. This
    >was no good because when the machine boots I have no problem. It is only
    >when I come out of standby.

    Check to see if the "restart on failure" option is active on your
    machine.

    Open Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings
    button in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section.

    In the Startup and Recovery window look at the checkbox for
    "automatically restart" and click on it to clear it if it has been
    selected. If the checkbox is already clear then something else is
    causing the restarts.

    Note: Clearing the 'automatically restart" checkbox may result in the
    reboots being replaced by a "Blue Screen Of Death" STOP error. If
    this does happen then the contents of the STOP error including the
    STOP code, all 4 parameters, and any file or module names mentioned
    will be a direct clue as to the underlying cause of the problem.

    Good luck

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Call back SWG. If SWG is giving you this issue then it is a problem with SWG not Windows. Windows apparently comes up when you come out of Standby.Is that correct?

    --
    Peter

    "evetsnos" <evetsnos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51DA0F7D-B647-4EEB-BF13-014CC4D8FC7A@microsoft.com...
    > When I cold boot everything works normally.
    >
    > However, when I bring the box out of standby and launch "Star Wars Galaxies"
    > the system reboots. Here are the steps:
    >
    > 1. Wake system from standby.
    > 2. Load "Launchpad" (SWG Login)
    > 3. Log in and wait to load server data.
    > 4. During Game load system automatically reboots.
    > 5. After Reboot everything works fine.
    >
    > Note: The first few times this happened the screen would go black during
    > load-in and I would get a loud screetch from my speakers as it rebooted.
    > However this no longer happens, it just reboots.
    >
    > I contacted SWG support and they simply gave me steps to clean boot. This
    > was no good because when the machine boots I have no problem. It is only
    > when I come out of standby.
    >
    > --
    > Thank you for your help!

Windows XP