internal error

September 1, 2005 8:30:03 PM

hi...
Boots up and cant get past the Norton Go Back...if I press the space bar,
it will go to this message.."Norton Goback internal error" press any key to
reboot, and when I do, it starts all over again...only to get the same
message.
sometimes, will show a diagram of I believe, the keyboard and computer
with arrows pointing to F1 key in diagram, and at the top it says no
operating system. So i got the XP disk, and compeltly formatted to RAW, and
re-installed XP...only to have it come back to the diagram thing saying no
OS...
what can I do for this problem??
thanks for the help.....

More about : internal error

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 9:03:35 PM

Your post is unintelligble.
Norton Go Back is not part of XP.
If you are reformatting your hard drive then it should be in FAT32 or
NTFS not RAW.
What exactly are you trying to say?
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 9:14:01 PM

I am sorry...I'll try to explain better about the "raw"...I formatted with
the XP cd, and after deleting the partion, I formatted with fat32,I then
installed....using the word "raw"...sorry about the terminology....
I dont know how to uninstall norton because we cant get into the computer
to do it, and I guess I dont know how to uninstall a program any other
way...I cant even get goback to open, when I push the space bar, it goes to
the internal error message, and if I dont push the space bar, it still goes
to the error message..
But wouldnt formatting it delete everything that is on the computer? or am
I misunderstanding this also?
thanks again for your time

"GreenieLeBrun" wrote:

> Your post is unintelligble.
> Norton Go Back is not part of XP.
> If you are reformatting your hard drive then it should be in FAT32 or
> NTFS not RAW.
> What exactly are you trying to say?

September 1, 2005 11:17:00 PM

Look at http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html

You can uninstall Nortons Goback after a reformat the link (turned into
a TinyURL beacuse it was so large) is:-
http://tinyurl.com/9abgc
This is a link to the Symantec knowledge base.

What esentially you have to do is reset the MBR (Master Boot Record)
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 12:02:41 AM

Norton GoBack has to be uninstalled "before" you reinstall the operating
system using a clean format/install. If you don't, you WILL have problems
that are difficult to recover from.

I personally would suggest that it be uninstalled before doing even a repair
install.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"breezyyb" <breezyyb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi...
> Boots up and cant get past the Norton Go Back...if I press the space bar,
> it will go to this message.."Norton Goback internal error" press any key
> reboot, and when I do, it starts all over again...only to get the same
> message.
> sometimes, will show a diagram of I believe, the keyboard and computer
> with arrows pointing to F1 key in diagram, and at the top it says no
> operating system. So i got the XP disk, and compeltly formatted to RAW,
> and
> re-installed XP...only to have it come back to the diagram thing saying no
> OS...
> what can I do for this problem??
> thanks for the help.....
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 1:42:18 AM

You did not format. You either tried a Repair Install or you installed XP on top. When you put in the XP CD boot up with it inside your CD-ROM. The select the right choice to reformat and wipe your HD clean. Then install the XP on your system.

--
Peter

"breezyyb" <breezyyb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BA73D9F-DD9E-4B68-A096-0CBA1F781314@microsoft.com...
>I am sorry...I'll try to explain better about the "raw"...I formatted with
> the XP cd, and after deleting the partion, I formatted with fat32,I then
> installed....using the word "raw"...sorry about the terminology....
> I dont know how to uninstall norton because we cant get into the computer
> to do it, and I guess I dont know how to uninstall a program any other
> way...I cant even get goback to open, when I push the space bar, it goes to
> the internal error message, and if I dont push the space bar, it still goes
> to the error message..
> But wouldnt formatting it delete everything that is on the computer? or am
> I misunderstanding this also?
> thanks again for your time
>
> "GreenieLeBrun" wrote:
>
>> Your post is unintelligble.
>> Norton Go Back is not part of XP.
>> If you are reformatting your hard drive then it should be in FAT32 or
>> NTFS not RAW.
>> What exactly are you trying to say?

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 6:49:07 AM

=?Utf-8?B?YnJlZXp5eWI=?= wrote:

> Boots up and cant get past the Norton Go Back...if I press the space bar,

Try booting to safe mode and uninstalling Nortons everything..

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/
!