PCI Input Device Error

Mike

Splendid

I recently re-installed WinXP. Everything is working fine except for
an exclamation point in Device Manager on a PCI Input Device. Under
Properties it says the location of this device is PCI Slot 3 (PCI bus
2, device 9, function 1). Would that mean the third slot under the
AGP slot ? If so, that is my sound card and the sound is working
fine. Anyone know why it might be giving me this error ? Also, I did
note that when I tried to update the drivers from my Dell Resource CD
after the re-installation of WinXP the audio drivers did not execute
properly and not until I did a Windows Update did the audio start to
work on my system. If anyone knows what is happening please chime in!
Thanks!

Mike

Dimension 8200
Win XP SP1
512 Meg RDRAM
GeForce FX5900XT
Soundblaster Live

Maybe you forgot to install the chipset software before you installed the
drivers?

"Mike" <Mike@SunnyOrlando.com> wrote in message
>I recently re-installed WinXP. Everything is working fine except for
> an exclamation point in Device Manager on a PCI Input Device. Under
> Properties it says the location of this device is PCI Slot 3 (PCI bus
> 2, device 9, function 1). Would that mean the third slot under the
> AGP slot ? If so, that is my sound card and the sound is working
> fine. Anyone know why it might be giving me this error ? Also, I did
> note that when I tried to update the drivers from my Dell Resource CD
> after the re-installation of WinXP the audio drivers did not execute
> properly and not until I did a Windows Update did the audio start to
> work on my system. If anyone knows what is happening please chime in!
> Thanks!
>
> Mike
>
> Dimension 8200
> Win XP SP1
> 512 Meg RDRAM
> GeForce FX5900XT
> Soundblaster Live

Mike

Splendid

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:40:04 GMT, "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Maybe you forgot to install the chipset software before you installed the
>drivers?

Thanks for the response. You know I did not install the chipset
software. Silly me! But for some reason I can not find the drivers
on my Resource CD. When I searched the Dell web site for the drivers
(using my service tag number) they do not have any chipset drivers
available. Am I missing something here ? I've since visited the
Intel web site and downloaded the Intel 850/850E chipset drivers but
am a bit confused why they were not posted on the Dell web site.
Would they use the drivers provided by the WinXP installation ?

Mike

http://www.intel.com/design/software/drivers/platform/inf.htm

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:40:04 GMT, "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Maybe you forgot to install the chipset software before you installed the
>>drivers?
>>

> Thanks for the response. You know I did not install the chipset
> software. Silly me! But for some reason I can not find the drivers
> on my Resource CD. When I searched the Dell web site for the drivers
> (using my service tag number) they do not have any chipset drivers
> available. Am I missing something here ? I've since visited the
> Intel web site and downloaded the Intel 850/850E chipset drivers but
> am a bit confused why they were not posted on the Dell web site.
> Would they use the drivers provided by the WinXP installation ?
>
> Mike

Mike

Splendid

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:40:04 GMT, "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

I went ahead and installed the Chipset Drives but I am still getting
the message that WinXP has found new hardare; a PCI Input Device.
Follow this link to view a screen shot of my Device Manager ...

http://www.clanicd.com/mike/Device_Manager.jpg

And here is a screen shot of the PCI Input Device Properites ...

http://www.clanicd.com/mike/PCI_Input_Device.jpg

Any ideas why this is happening ? From what I can tell PCI Slot 3 is
my Soundcard and it's working fine. Thanks.

Mike

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:40:04 GMT, "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I went ahead and installed the Chipset Drives but I am still getting
> the message that WinXP has found new hardare; a PCI Input Device.
> Follow this link to view a screen shot of my Device Manager ...
>
> http://www.clanicd.com/mike/Device_Manager.jpg
>
> And here is a screen shot of the PCI Input Device Properites ...
>
> http://www.clanicd.com/mike/PCI_Input_Device.jpg
>
> Any ideas why this is happening ? From what I can tell PCI Slot 3 is
> my Soundcard and it's working fine. Thanks.
>
> Mike

It's your game controller for your SBLive! sound card. You should have a
'gameport' entrie listed below the SBLive!. I'm using that card with WinXP
Pro....

Possible?

Stew

Mike

Splendid

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:16:54 -0500, "S.Lewis"
<stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote:

>It's your game controller for your SBLive! sound card. You should have a
>'gameport' entrie listed below the SBLive!. I'm using that card with WinXP
>Pro....
>
>Possible?
>

>Stew

Thank you Stew! Your the MAN! For some reason the drivers on the Dell
Resource CD would not install properly so I downloaded another set
from the Dell web site. This time I actually got the option of what
to install and I selected the Game controller and Wham! it worked :)
BTW, I searched a lot of the Dell Forums for the last 2 days and came
up empty. Once again thanks!

Mike

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:16:54 -0500, "S.Lewis"
> <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>>It's your game controller for your SBLive! sound card. You should have a
>>'gameport' entrie listed below the SBLive!. I'm using that card with
>>WinXP
>>Pro....
>>
>>Possible?
>>

>>Stew
>
> Thank you Stew! Your the MAN! For some reason the drivers on the Dell
> Resource CD would not install properly so I downloaded another set
> from the Dell web site. This time I actually got the option of what
> to install and I selected the Game controller and Wham! it worked :)
> BTW, I searched a lot of the Dell Forums for the last 2 days and came
> up empty. Once again thanks!
>
> Mike

Not 'the man', I just "know" the man, and there are a few of them in this
group. In any event, I'm happy for your success.

Glad it worked out.

Stew