mack

I have a Insp2500 with a Samsung SN308B-CD/Rw-DVD,the problem I have is that
the dvd's i've written in my desktop computer using a Ricoh MP5240A are not
recognised by the dell's drive,anybody know the reason?
Mack

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:43:54 GMT, mack wrote in

> I have a Insp2500 with a Samsung SN308B-CD/Rw-DVD,the problem I have is that
> the dvd's i've written in my desktop computer using a Ricoh MP5240A are not
> recognised by the dell's drive,anybody know the reason?

Just off the top of my head, make sure you finalize them when your burn
them. I've had experiences where an un-finalized CD doesn't work in other
CD drives in the past. I just recently started in with DVD-burning to make
better use of my CD-case space and haven't tried using an un-finalized DVD
in a different drive than the one it was burned in.

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!

http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!

They were written with what program? CDRW or CDR media?

"mack" <c_maltek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Insp2500 with a Samsung SN308B-CD/Rw-DVD,the problem I have is
>that
> the dvd's i've written in my desktop computer using a Ricoh MP5240A are
> not
> recognised by the dell's drive,anybody know the reason?
> Mack

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

is the SN308B-CD/Rw-DVD a - or a + format burner???? the Dell is only a +
so if you wrote it with a - format then it wont read em
"mack" <c_maltek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Insp2500 with a Samsung SN308B-CD/Rw-DVD,the problem I have is
>that
> the dvd's i've written in my desktop computer using a Ricoh MP5240A are
> not
> recognised by the dell's drive,anybody know the reason?
> Mack

Sure it will. A DVD reader is a DVD reader. It will READ + or -.

Heck, it's not even a burner.

Tom
"Fixer" <steve@kelly90.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> is the SN308B-CD/Rw-DVD a - or a + format burner???? the Dell is only a +
> so if you wrote it with a - format then it wont read em
> "mack" <c_maltek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a Insp2500 with a Samsung SN308B-CD/Rw-DVD,the problem I have is
>>that
>> the dvd's i've written in my desktop computer using a Ricoh MP5240A are
>> not
>> recognised by the dell's drive,anybody know the reason?
>> Mack

mack

Nero 6,with DVD+ media on the ricoh writer
> They were written with what program? CDRW or CDR media?
>
> "mack" <c_maltek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Insp2500 with a Samsung SN308B-CD/Rw-DVD,the problem I have is
> >that
> > the dvd's i've written in my desktop computer using a Ricoh MP5240A are
> > not
> > recognised by the dell's drive,anybody know the reason?
> > Mack

I assume you mean DVD+R and not DCD+RW and that the disks were not recorded
with InCD?
Are you using the same software on your Dell?

> Nero 6,with DVD+ media on the ricoh writer
> "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> They were written with what program? CDRW or CDR media?
>>
>> "mack" <c_maltek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a Insp2500 with a Samsung SN308B-CD/Rw-DVD,the problem I have is
>> >that
>> > the dvd's i've written in my desktop computer using a Ricoh MP5240A are
>> > not
>> > recognised by the dell's drive,anybody know the reason?
>> > Mack

Ezra

"mack" <c_maltek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<eDB6d.162767$hZ3.62851@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> I have a Insp2500 with a Samsung SN308B-CD/Rw-DVD,the problem I have is that
> the dvd's i've written in my desktop computer using a Ricoh MP5240A are not
> recognised by the dell's drive,anybody know the reason?
> Mack

I have a Aopen DVD+RW drive which is a rebadged Ricoh MP5240A I
believe and Nero writes DVD coasters with this drive. The burns
complete without error according to Nero, but the discs are not
recognized by any DVD player or DVD-/+RW drive. Nero will show the
track info, but Windows and DVD players will not recognize any data on
the disc.

I just tested the same drive with Deepburner and it works flawlessly
with that program (discs burns and can be played in both computer and
entertainment DVD player.

I think Nero has a problem with this particular model burner. I cannot
even use Nero to burn CDRs on the Aopen/Ricoh unit. Most CDRs are spit
back out by Nero as unrecordable discs, but Deepburner burns the same
CDRs in the drive just fine. I was going to replace the drive, but I
replaced Nero instead.

Ezra