Laptop Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ataylor20

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2005
1_What is your budget? <$1500

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? <15

3_What screen resolution do you want? Home Desktop is 1600 x 1050 so something close but for laptop.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Gaming /Desktop replacement.

5_How much battery life do you need? 2 hrs

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? World of Warcraft (High), MW2 (High), Empire: Total war (High)

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) If this can handle games it should handle videos fine.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? ~500 7200rpm

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. None really

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-4 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? – Dual layer would be nice but not needed.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. – No gateway don’t care other than them.

13_What country do you live in? USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. – Im looking for a ~15inch gaming machine that can support dual monitor via a docking station. I work with an HP 6910p and like the docking station setup. However I need a laptop with a strong video card. 512 to 1g dedicated. The HP Envy's 15 graphics is perfect only there is only HDMI support no dual monitor using that. I have been using
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html
to rate video cards. I want it to be pretty high on this list.

Thanks in advance.

ataylor20

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2005
Wow, not much I dont like hat the Asus G51. Everything ive been looking at has been i5 because the i7 was to expensive. I will stick to my 15in size, this one is right there. - Thanks WR2!

Id like to see some others to compare to. Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.