TECH: DE TOMMY

Hello...

Haven't dug into a DE game yet (this one has been flawless forever)...

I tried playing a game and the upper left flipper wasn't working....
switch seems ok.....
coil still has wires on it...

Transistor I'm guessing but anyone know which one?

Thanks

Chet

the bottom right flipper on my tommy quit.
i assumed it was the coil. it was not.

the flipper board has led's for the 3 flippers. only 2 were coming on. So
i swapped the board and still nothing.

Then i noticed the end of stroke swtich had broken off. Should have checked
it first, but thinking ss flippers probably don't use it.

wrong! flipper is fine now. My guess is that the solid state flipper board
will not engage unless the eos is closed, to prevent burning out the coil
over time.

mike

"C.W.H." <84insulation@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hello...
>
> Haven't dug into a DE game yet (this one has been flawless forever)...
>
> I tried playing a game and the upper left flipper wasn't working....
> switch seems ok.....
> coil still has wires on it...
>
> Transistor I'm guessing but anyone know which one?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chet

I doubt the transistor, when they go, the coil would be locked on. Check
flipper button switches carefully, check EOS points carefully. check the
wires to the coil, and especially the tiny wires coming off the coil for
breaks. Check it's fuse. LTG :)

"C.W.H." <84insulation@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hello...
>
> Haven't dug into a DE game yet (this one has been flawless forever)...
>
> I tried playing a game and the upper left flipper wasn't working....
> switch seems ok.....
> coil still has wires on it...
>
> Transistor I'm guessing but anyone know which one?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chet

If I manually lift the flipper up it stays up
with a slight humm...

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
>I doubt the transistor, when they go, the coil would be locked on. Check
> flipper button switches carefully, check EOS points carefully. check the
> wires to the coil, and especially the tiny wires coming off the coil for
> breaks. Check it's fuse. LTG :)
>
> "C.W.H." <84insulation@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Hello...
>>
>> Haven't dug into a DE game yet (this one has been flawless forever)...
>>
>> I tried playing a game and the upper left flipper wasn't working....
>> switch seems ok.....
>> coil still has wires on it...
>>
>> Transistor I'm guessing but anyone know which one?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Chet

Try a new diode and be sure the banded end is on the right side. LTG :)

"C.W.H." <84insulation(remove)@earthlink-dot-net> wrote in message
> If I manually lift the flipper up it stays up
> with a slight humm...

hmmm...

Havent touched the machine for weeks....
Some folks come over and next thing I know it was
being played...no biggie right...well then I hear the missing jackpot
sound...
look over my shoulder and the flipper is working....?

Not complaining at all.... Just seems strange ;) but I like it...

Chet

> Try a new diode and be sure the banded end is on the right side. LTG :)
>
> "C.W.H." <84insulation(remove)@earthlink-dot-net> wrote in message
>> If I manually lift the flipper up it stays up
>> with a slight humm...

TRENDING THREADS