DAISY CHAIN WIRING FOR PA SPEAKERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOB BIXBY

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hello,
I AM RUNNING A PYLE 200 AMP UNIT. I AM DRIVING A 10 INCH MAIN THEN DAISY CHAINING OUT OF THE 10 INCH MAIN TO AN 8 INCH MONITER. THERE ARE TWO OUTLETS ON THE BACK OF THE AMP SO IM DOING THIS ON EACH SIDE. NOW, I NEED TO USE TWO MORE MONITERS AND I WANT TO DAISY CHAIN THEM TO THE FIRST TWO MONITERS. THAT WILL MAKE THREE SPEAKERS PER SIDE ALL DAISY CHAINED. THE FIRST SET OF MONITERS ONLY HAVE ONE INPUT JACK. THEY ALSO HAVE CLIP WIRE HOOKUPS. IN ORDER TO DAISY CHAIN FROM THE FIRST MONITER WITH ONE JACK, CAN I PUT A SPLITTER IN THE JACK AND GO TO THE SECOND MONITER. ALSO, WHAT WOULD THE FINAL OHM LOAD BE.

THANKS

BOBINBIXBY

buetow111566

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011

bob, 8 ohm speakers i assume, I dont think that a pp 200 can handle less than 2 ohm per channel. the correct termanology is wiring in sequence. if you will do as i say all of your questions will bne answerd, go to www.makie.com they make professional amps, on thier home page they have lititure for free in sections it will tel you everything you could possibly have to know about wiring, placement, and figureing total impedence of your system (typically divide the number of speakers by thier imedence 4 speakers at 8 ohms is a two ohm load). they allso have definitions for every thing as weell as seperate sections on mixer terms and wiring and amp terms and wiring and cable wiring and terms youll need to know. I was green bout 8 years ago and after many a fryed amps and speakers i got with makie and yorkville and now i have the best soundin karaoke and dj system in the lc louisiana area

Status
Not open for further replies.