superPOPEGOLDx

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2003
http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=221

""In the first quarter of next year, AMD will release the first Athlon64 chip for notebooks as well as Newcastle a smaller, less-expensive version of the current Athlon64 for desktops. In the second half of the year, AMD will introduce Odessa--a high-end notebook chip made on the 90-nanometer process--and Dublin, which was designed for inexpensive notebooks and made on the older 130-nanometer process. Oakville and Trinidad will then come to the notebook market in 2005. In desktops, the second half of 2004 will see the introduction of San Diego, a 90-nanometer chip for game PCs; Winchester, a 90-nanometer chip for midrange boxes; and Paris, a 130-nanometer chip for budget buyers. Toledo, a high-end chip, and Palermo, an inexpensive one, will then follow in 2005. Chips made on the K-9 design will appear around the same time. AMD also will experiment with producing processors for "a new class of PC-type devices" that will cost even less than today's desktops. These devices likely will contain AMD Alchemy chips, which are based on a different architecture. AMD will disclose the location of a 65-nanometer fab in the next few weeks. The 65-nanometer facility, which will process larger 300-millimeter wafers, needs to be ready in about two years, relatively rapidly. One of the more likely places appears to be Singapore.""

rain_king_uk

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
Hey I seem to have taken a wrong turn at playschool again - people on THG fourms acting like 5 year olds, who'd have believed it?! *exits thread*

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by RAIN_KING_UK on 11/07/03 12:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

shadus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2003
Nod, I've been calling him poopy since a particular debate we had when he still had his original account. His posting style is very similar to that of a 9 year old I know, so I respond in kind, figure it'll help make him feel at home and what not- ya know?

Shadus

rain_king_uk

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
Responding to someone acting like a 9 year old by acting like a 5 year old from that point on - interesting idea - glad most people don't use that logic though.

shadus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2003
Shrug, increases my post count and all the reasonably intelligent arguments you can use against him have been used repeatedly by dozens of people.

Edit: and like I said in another thread, "besides it passes a long day at work."

Shadus<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by shadus on 11/07/03 01:22 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

shadus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2003
Nod, exactly!

It's also great fun to sit and debate a trivial point of nonsense with someone to increase post count... not that we'd be guilty of that here at thgc.

Shadus

TRENDING THREADS