Gene

Whenever I boot, my wallpaper is missing, replaced by a solid blue screen.
Everything else is fine. If I go into the Display Properties -> Desktop, it
shows the correct picture selected, and is called "Internet Explorer
Wallpaper" in the selection box. If I choose "none", the Apply, then choose
the correct one again, and Apply, it returns to the Desktop. Another reboot,
though, and it disappears again.

Is this a spyware removal issue? Virus? I've scanned with Trend Micro and
found nothing. Do I need to edit my Registry?

Your suggestions on troubleshooting please.

Thanks,
Gene

Turn off active desktop and see if that works.

"Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I boot, my wallpaper is missing, replaced by a solid blue screen.
> Everything else is fine. If I go into the Display Properties -> Desktop,
> it
> shows the correct picture selected, and is called "Internet Explorer
> Wallpaper" in the selection box. If I choose "none", the Apply, then
> choose
> the correct one again, and Apply, it returns to the Desktop. Another
> reboot,
> though, and it disappears again.
>
> Is this a spyware removal issue? Virus? I've scanned with Trend Micro
> and
> found nothing. Do I need to edit my Registry?
>
> Your suggestions on troubleshooting please.
>
> Thanks,
> Gene

Gene

Active desktop is not on. The funny part is that I see the wallpaper for a
split second right before the desktop icons and taskbar load, then it goes
away and the blue screen appears. When I log off, the wallpaper shows for a
split second again. It is as if it is overlaying the blue on top of the
wallpaper. Any ideas?