Disappearing wallpaper

Whenever I boot, my wallpaper is missing, replaced by a solid blue screen.
Everything else is fine. If I go into the Display Properties -> Desktop, it
shows the correct picture selected, and is called "Internet Explorer
Wallpaper" in the selection box. If I choose "none", the Apply, then choose
the correct one again, and Apply, it returns to the Desktop. Another reboot,
though, and it disappears again.

Is this a spyware removal issue? Virus? I've scanned with Trend Micro and
found nothing. Do I need to edit my Registry?

Your suggestions on troubleshooting please.

Thanks,
Gene
2 answers Last reply
More about disappearing wallpaper

    Turn off active desktop and see if that works.

    "Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I boot, my wallpaper is missing, replaced by a solid blue screen.
    > Everything else is fine. If I go into the Display Properties -> Desktop,
    > it
    > shows the correct picture selected, and is called "Internet Explorer
    > Wallpaper" in the selection box. If I choose "none", the Apply, then
    > choose
    > the correct one again, and Apply, it returns to the Desktop. Another
    > reboot,
    > though, and it disappears again.
    >
    > Is this a spyware removal issue? Virus? I've scanned with Trend Micro
    > and
    > found nothing. Do I need to edit my Registry?
    >
    > Your suggestions on troubleshooting please.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Gene

    Active desktop is not on. The funny part is that I see the wallpaper for a
    split second right before the desktop icons and taskbar load, then it goes
    away and the blue screen appears. When I log off, the wallpaper shows for a
    split second again. It is as if it is overlaying the blue on top of the
    wallpaper. Any ideas?

    "Red Stripe" wrote:

    > Turn off active desktop and see if that works.
    >
    > "Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Whenever I boot, my wallpaper is missing, replaced by a solid blue screen.
    > > Everything else is fine. If I go into the Display Properties -> Desktop,
    > > it
    > > shows the correct picture selected, and is called "Internet Explorer
    > > Wallpaper" in the selection box. If I choose "none", the Apply, then
    > > choose
    > > the correct one again, and Apply, it returns to the Desktop. Another
    > > reboot,
    > > though, and it disappears again.
    > >
    > > Is this a spyware removal issue? Virus? I've scanned with Trend Micro
    > > and
    > > found nothing. Do I need to edit my Registry?
    > >
    > > Your suggestions on troubleshooting please.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Gene

Desktops Wallpaper Windows XP