Dell Pop-Ups

Mike

Splendid

Has anyone else noticed that you seem to get Dell Pop-Up ads when you visit
just about any site nowadays? Thats what i call pushy advertising !!!

toy

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2004

"Mike" <news@ANTISPAMntlworld.ANTISPAMcom> wrote in message
> Has anyone else noticed that you seem to get Dell Pop-Up ads when you
> visit
> just about any site nowadays? Thats what i call pushy advertising !!!

No

dj

> Has anyone else noticed that you seem to get Dell Pop-Up ads when you visit
> just about any site nowadays? Thats what i call pushy advertising !!!

One of the Dell pages tries to install "MedaiPlex", which is deemed as
spyware by Spybot S&D.

www.dell.co.uk/tv will get you to one of their pages trying to force it
down your throat, and the page will not load without it.

Poor show Dell !

David

Colin Wilson <void@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1bd23d1642e97c1798a8b3@news.individual.net>...
> > Has anyone else noticed that you seem to get Dell Pop-Up ads when you visit
> > just about any site nowadays? Thats what i call pushy advertising !!!
>
> One of the Dell pages tries to install "MedaiPlex", which is deemed as
> spyware by Spybot S&D.
>
> www.dell.co.uk/tv will get you to one of their pages trying to force it
> down your throat, and the page will not load without it.
>
> Poor show Dell !

I loaded this web page with firefox on a mandrake linux
with no problems displaying it and nothing tried to install
either.
Dave

Jan

In article <4feda6e.0410092041.53c9f459@posting.google.com>, davids165
@juno.com says...
> Colin Wilson <void@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1bd23d1642e97c1798a8b3@news.individual.net>...
> > > Has anyone else noticed that you seem to get Dell Pop-Up ads when you visit
> > > just about any site nowadays? Thats what i call pushy advertising !!!
> >
> > One of the Dell pages tries to install "MedaiPlex", which is deemed as
> > spyware by Spybot S&D.
> >
> > www.dell.co.uk/tv will get you to one of their pages trying to force it
> > down your throat, and the page will not load without it.
> >
> > Poor show Dell !
>
> I loaded this web page with firefox on a mandrake linux
> with no problems displaying it and nothing tried to install
> either.
> Dave

No pop up here either with Avant browser.
--
Cheers!

Jan

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

Jan wrote:

> In article <4feda6e.0410092041.53c9f459@posting.google.com>, davids165
> @juno.com says...

>>>One of the Dell pages tries to install "MedaiPlex", which is deemed as
>>>spyware by Spybot S&D.
>>>
>>>www.dell.co.uk/tv will get you to one of their pages trying to force it
>>>down your throat, and the page will not load without it.
>>>
>>>Poor show Dell !
>>
>>I loaded this web page with firefox on a mandrake linux
>> with no problems displaying it and nothing tried to install
>>either.
>>Dave
>
> No pop up here either with Avant browser.

Same here with Mozilla 1.7. The site wanted to set a cookie, which I
denied, then the page loaded - no popups, etc.

> I loaded this web page with firefox on a mandrake linux
> with no problems displaying it and nothing tried to install
> either.

Thanks for the replies everyone - something odd going on here then - I
use Opera as well as IE, and neither can access that part of their site,
although the rest works fine in either browser.

It doesn't work on my wifes' Dell machine either IIRC (she's on it at the
moment so can't check)

>> I loaded this web page with firefox on a mandrake linux
>> with no problems displaying it and nothing tried to install
>> either.
>
> Thanks for the replies everyone - something odd going on here then - I
> use Opera as well as IE, and neither can access that part of their site,
> although the rest works fine in either browser.
>
> It doesn't work on my wifes' Dell machine either IIRC (she's on it at the
> moment so can't check)
>
> --

Loads OK on both my 8300's and nothing installed