Closed

Can't uninstall or repair Office 2003 under XP SP2

Everytime I start Outlook 2003 I get an error message saying Microsoft
Office Word 11.0 - An error has occurred and this feature is no longer
functioning properly. Please run Setup and select "Repair" to restore this
application.

When I do this I get the message that the feature you are trying to use is
on a netwrok resource that is unavailable. It's looking for C:\Program
Files\OfficeUpdate11\Cabs\511735 with installation package
511735.MAINSP1op.msp. This file is not on my hard drive or on the Office
2003 CD.

I cannot repair the problem or remove the Office 2003 and start over for the
Remove also asks for the 511735 file! Office Outlook operates but I cannot
receive and mail. Send/Receive goes through the motions and I believe
actually downloads the mail from my ISP but is not put in any mailbox!

P4 3.0 XP SP2, 1 Gig RAM

I need to repair or uninstall Office 2003. I need help getting out of this
issue. TIA.

Gillies
3 answers Last reply
More about uninstall repair office 2003

    Hi,

    Are you in an office environment? If so, you need to contact the network
    administrator, as he/she will likely be able to carry out the necessary
    repairs remotely.

    Which method are you using to start the repair? From Outlook, click
    Help/Detect and Repair? Or are you first inserting the Office CD and running
    the repair from there?

    As to the missing support files, it may simply be that your user profile
    cannot see hidden and system folders. You would need to adjust this view in
    the Control Panel under Folder Options.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Gillies" <newsgroup2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Everytime I start Outlook 2003 I get an error message saying Microsoft
    > Office Word 11.0 - An error has occurred and this feature is no longer
    > functioning properly. Please run Setup and select "Repair" to restore
    > this application.
    >
    > When I do this I get the message that the feature you are trying to use is
    > on a netwrok resource that is unavailable. It's looking for C:\Program
    > Files\OfficeUpdate11\Cabs\511735 with installation package
    > 511735.MAINSP1op.msp. This file is not on my hard drive or on the Office
    > 2003 CD.
    >
    > I cannot repair the problem or remove the Office 2003 and start over for
    > the Remove also asks for the 511735 file! Office Outlook operates but I
    > cannot receive and mail. Send/Receive goes through the motions and I
    > believe actually downloads the mail from my ISP but is not put in any
    > mailbox!
    >
    > P4 3.0 XP SP2, 1 Gig RAM
    >
    > I need to repair or uninstall Office 2003. I need help getting out of
    > this issue. TIA.
    >
    > Gillies

    Hi Rick,

    Thanks for your reply. I'm not in a network env. Repair with the cd or
    from the Help menu (Detect and repair) won't work. I always get the same
    error message described below. And my Explorer options are set to "show all
    files" (nothing hidden). The problem isn't fixed yet.

    Thanks

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message de news:
    uBeTUj6rFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Are you in an office environment? If so, you need to contact the network
    > administrator, as he/she will likely be able to carry out the necessary
    > repairs remotely.
    >
    > Which method are you using to start the repair? From Outlook, click
    > Help/Detect and Repair? Or are you first inserting the Office CD and
    > running the repair from there?
    >
    > As to the missing support files, it may simply be that your user profile
    > cannot see hidden and system folders. You would need to adjust this view
    > in the Control Panel under Folder Options.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Gillies" <newsgroup2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Everytime I start Outlook 2003 I get an error message saying Microsoft
    >> Office Word 11.0 - An error has occurred and this feature is no longer
    >> functioning properly. Please run Setup and select "Repair" to restore
    >> this application.
    >>
    >> When I do this I get the message that the feature you are trying to use
    >> is on a netwrok resource that is unavailable. It's looking for C:\Program
    >> Files\OfficeUpdate11\Cabs\511735 with installation package
    >> 511735.MAINSP1op.msp. This file is not on my hard drive or on the Office
    >> 2003 CD.
    >>
    >> I cannot repair the problem or remove the Office 2003 and start over for
    >> the Remove also asks for the 511735 file! Office Outlook operates but I
    >> cannot receive and mail. Send/Receive goes through the motions and I
    >> believe actually downloads the mail from my ISP but is not put in any
    >> mailbox!
    >>
    >> P4 3.0 XP SP2, 1 Gig RAM
    >>
    >> I need to repair or uninstall Office 2003. I need help getting out of
    >> this issue. TIA.
    >>
    >> Gillies

  3. This topic has been closed by Buwish

Internet Service Providers Microsoft Office Windows XP