I have a Compaq Presario preloaded with WinXP.

Is there anyway, I can reinstall Backweb Application 1940576? If I don't,
there is a annoying Runtime Error dialog box that appears everytime, the PC
boots!
Thanking you
Capt K Ripendran

Hi,

Ask HP/Compaq for an application disk or download. Backweb is not native to
WindowsXP, it is an add-on used by some manufacturers that provides
customized support, or is used to automatically update the system by
supplied AV programs. Personally, unless I knew I needed it, I would just
disable it and leave it disabled.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> Ask HP/Compaq for an application disk or download. Backweb is not
> native to WindowsXP, it is an add-on used by some manufacturers that
> provides customized support, or is used to automatically update the
> system by supplied AV programs. Personally, unless I knew I needed it,
> I would just disable it and leave it disabled.

I would NOT re-install BackWeb. Instead, remove the startup entires, either
in the Start Menu -> Startup group, or Start -> Run, type msconfig, press
enter, goto the 'Startup Tab', un-check (if) any entries are there.