Dell Inspiron 5150 Power Supply

I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 Laptop that uses a PA-13 power adaptor. On the
back of the computer, it says it will work with the PA-10 or PA-13 power
adaptor.

So, given the HUGE size of the PA-13 that came with the laptop, I bought a
PA-10. It does not work. They are both 19.5 volts. The PA-13 is rated at
6.7 amps and the PA-10 is rated at 4.62 amps. I can't imagine that making
the differnce - surely this laptop is not pulling more than 4.62 amps.

Has anyone tried a PA-10 with the Dell 5150 and gotten it to work properly?

Thanks
Phillip

Phillip,
I think that both adapters use the same connector, so they can be used with the 5150. Just curious, did you order the 96Whr 12-cell battery or 65Whr 8-cell battery?

I'm thinking that the PA-13 power adapter, will work if either the 65WHr or 96WHr battery is installed. But the PA-10 will only work with 65Whr batt properly, the 96Whr battery draws too many amps during charging for the PA-10 adapter to work properly.

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"Phillip T. Murphy" <SpPtAmMurphy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:KWApc.19209$GV5.10803@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 Laptop that uses a PA-13 power adaptor. On the
back of the computer, it says it will work with the PA-10 or PA-13 power
adaptor.

So, given the HUGE size of the PA-13 that came with the laptop, I bought a
PA-10. It does not work. They are both 19.5 volts. The PA-13 is rated at
6.7 amps and the PA-10 is rated at 4.62 amps. I can't imagine that making
the differnce - surely this laptop is not pulling more than 4.62 amps.

Has anyone tried a PA-10 with the Dell 5150 and gotten it to work properly?

Thanks
Phillip

Rudy

Dunno if this helps but I have a 8 month old 5100 and it came with a Dell
PA-9 (ADP-90FB Rev.B) @ 20V
Its ~ 2" X 5" X 1" .

BTW, It runs HOT

> Has anyone tried a PA-10 with the Dell 5150 and gotten it to work
properly?

I've the 96wh battery. I can't get it to work, so I don't what is going on.

If it does not work, why would Dell put that it does work on the back of the
laptop?

"Rerat/Rich" <no.spam@isp.com> wrote in message
[...]

TRENDING THREADS