Sign in with
Your question

HTC One

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
February 21, 2013 10:41:41 PM

Hey guys, so HTC unveiled their new flagship phone for the year. I really like it, from the specs to the design. i think its really good, however because of its unibody design, i fell like it it will be really difficult to repair if something were to happen. what do you guys think about it? potential shortcomings? etc

More about : htc

a b Ë Android
February 22, 2013 3:14:08 AM

For me the biggest shortcoming would be the embedded battery.

I recently switched to Virgin Mobile to cut down on my phone bill, mainly because my Motorola Droid simply died one day. I opted for the HTC EVO V 4G since it was cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy SII and the battery is replaceable.

I figured at worse if I didn't like Virgin Mobile service then I'll switch back to Verizon and use the HTC EVO as a dedicated music & video player since my Cowon S9 player recently malfunctioned as well. But the one thing I like is that if I really wanted I could install a thick 4000mah battery so that it will have awesome battery life. But that will make it a bit too thick think. There's always the 3000mah batter option.

Anywaste, back to the HTC One... The unibody design will give it a solid feel. The 4.7" screen is a little bit bigger than my 4.3" screen. Not sure if I would really want something that big. But it would make reading my textbook a bit easier. Some people saw me reading a textbook with really tiny print on my phone. They did a double take when they attempted to do so and they thought I was simply out of my mind. But the HTC One seems to have a nice 1080p screen. Colors are vibrant, text is sharp, and it has great viewing angles.

I suppose in the end it all depends on the battery life. The HTC One has a large screen and high pixel count plus a 1.7GHz snapdragon CPU. Not sure how long a 2300mah battery will last; especially if you are a heavy user.

At $200 for the 32GB version and $300 for the 64GB version and it comes with 2GB of internal RAM so overall not a bad price for what you are getting. I would be nice if there was 4GB of internal storage though... too much to ask?
m
l
a b Ë Android
February 22, 2013 11:16:51 AM

splatman213 said:
Hey guys, so HTC unveiled their new flagship phone for the year. I really like it, from the specs to the design. i think its really good, however because of its unibody design, i fell like it it will be really difficult to repair if something were to happen. what do you guys think about it? potential shortcomings? etc

It's a bit early to judge now,we have to wait for reviews.
But I think it'll indeed be difficult to repair if anything happens to it(like Apple phones)
m
l
!