Sign in with
Your question

Windowslive mail

Last response: in Windows 7
November 15, 2012 12:00:11 AM

Hello, iam tryingto change my options for viewing and deleting mail. In the past to delete mail in bulk, i have selected to view mail using the from option. The game me a header for each sender and i could just click on that sender and right click to delete all from sender. I am not finding that header anymore. Can you help?

More about : windowslive mail

November 15, 2012 1:32:23 AM

rtrtwins said:
Hello, iam tryingto change my options for viewing and deleting mail. In the past to delete mail in bulk, i have selected to view mail using the from option. The game me a header for each sender and i could just click on that sender and right click to delete all from sender. I am not finding that header anymore. Can you help?

Were you originally able to do this in Windows live mail, or did you come from another mail client? to my knowledge this function is not available in windows live mail.
Since you want to delete all the mail from a particular sender, i am assuming that that sender is either spam or something irrelevant, so windows mail does provide options to deal with this.

You can right click on a message, and in the junk email tab there are two options that i think could be of help to you.
1 is "add sender to blocked senders list"
2 is "add senders domain to blocked senders list"
these should help you avoid getting emails from these addresses in the first place, although if you want to read the messages before deleting them sorry i cant help

EDIT: I have found out how to do it, ignore what i just said. You know where the email messages are displayed in your inbox? well there is a white search bar between the message inbox and the task ribbon on the top of the page. Below this search bar (under the 'search for a message' text) is a list of ways you can view your email. The default is "Sort by date - (conversation). simply click on this, and change it to "sort by - FROM".

This will arrange your email inbox by sender, and you can delete by selecting all emails from the one sender (it is easier as they are all in the one place) :) 

Hope I helped
m
l
November 15, 2012 2:45:38 AM

StormOfRazors said:
Were you originally able to do this in Windows live mail, or did you come from another mail client?
EDIT: I have found out how to do it, ignore what i just said. You know where the email messages are displayed in your inbox? well there is a white search bar between the message inbox and the task ribbon on the top of the page. Below this search bar (under the 'search for a message' text) is a list of ways you can view your email. The default is "Sort by date - (conversation). simply click on this, and change it to "sort by - FROM".

This will arrange your email inbox by sender, and you can delete by selecting all emails from the one sender (it is easier as they are all in the one place) :) 

Hope I helped

I generally use Outlook.

I can select the "from option" but an not able to "select all" after. I feel like it is right in front of my face but i cant see it. The inbox (message list) itself used to be labeled by sender so i could click on persons name and delete all. thank you so much for your help.
m
l
!