For some reason, even if i shutdown my computer properly, the disks are
scanned everytime on startup ? Can anyone tell me whats the problem is ? Its
saying that windows wasnt shutdown properly, but it does.

Hi,

Click start/run, type cmd and click ok. From the prompt, run:

chkntfs /d

And hit <enter>, this will clear the dirty bit that causes chkdsk to run at
boot. If it happens again after doing this, you may have a timing issue with
one of the disk controllers or hard drive. There is also this, which happens
if certain scanners are/were attached to the system:

Chkdsk Runs Each Time That You Start Your Computer [Q316506]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316506

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Arsalan" <arsalan_aslam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> For some reason, even if i shutdown my computer properly, the disks are
> scanned everytime on startup ? Can anyone tell me whats the problem is ?
> Its saying that windows wasnt shutdown properly, but it does.

Tried chkntfs /d but still not solving the problem, and my PC doesnt have
printer or scanner.

> Hi,
>
> Click start/run, type cmd and click ok. From the prompt, run:
>
> chkntfs /d
>
> And hit <enter>, this will clear the dirty bit that causes chkdsk to run
> at boot. If it happens again after doing this, you may have a timing issue
> with one of the disk controllers or hard drive. There is also this, which
> happens if certain scanners are/were attached to the system:
>
> Chkdsk Runs Each Time That You Start Your Computer [Q316506]
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316506
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Arsalan" <arsalan_aslam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> For some reason, even if i shutdown my computer properly, the disks are
>> scanned everytime on startup ? Can anyone tell me whats the problem is ?
>> Its saying that windows wasnt shutdown properly, but it does.

Hi,

Then the next thing to do is check for an update to the motherboard drivers,
specifically the ide controllers. Do not rely on WinUpdate for this, they
should be gotten from the manufacturer.