Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help with my monitor's color!

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 27, 2010 12:09:54 AM

Hello smart people!!!

I have a little issue that's been bothering me for a while...

Here it goes: I bought 2 LCD monitors, 23", LG, model w2353v. The problem is that, when I set them both to their factory settings, there is no match between each other's color!

Practical explanation": The RGB parameters of factory settings is 50 for all three colors. For the 2 screens to match, I have to lower the blue color in one monitor to 45 or raise the same color in the other monitor!

Can this be considerated as a flaw? Is there anyway I can fix it or it is a hardware problem?

Thank you veryy much!

More about : monitor color

Best solution

a c 195 C Monitor
October 27, 2010 2:29:49 AM

The issue is basically not every single panel is exactly the same. There are always some minute difference in production batches and even if the LCD panel is cut from the same "pane of glass". There's also the issue that the LCD panel itself can come from various manufacturers so that will also create some issues there.

Use the following website to manually calibrate one monitor to your liking. Then do the same with the other monitor. Do not make the value match, the point is to make both monitor display similar colors, brightness and contrast.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/
October 27, 2010 3:04:16 AM

Hmm interesting. So that happens even if the monitor is from the same brand, same model, bought from the same place?

About that calibration site, I have already tried to use it but it is still kinda difficult for me to follow the steps. It just don't work right. I know it's probably me but I get all confused when calibrating by this site's images! I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Is there any other site similar to lagom?
m
l
Related resources
a c 195 C Monitor
October 27, 2010 3:29:15 AM

I'm sure that there are others, but that's the default one I recommend to everyone. None of them complained about the site.

The only other free recommendation I can make is to use a colorful picture that you have or download one and sit it as the wallpaper or view it full screen. Then adjust the colors, brightness and contrast to your liking on one monitor, then try and match it with your other monitor.

m
l
October 27, 2010 2:18:08 PM

Ok then!

Thanks a lot :) 
m
l
November 3, 2010 3:42:21 PM

Best answer selected by sneak3.
m
l
!