Please help with this spyware

Hello:

I am having a lot of trouble with a spyware
called web rebates, or top rebates. It has planted itself in my program
files folder. I have tried two different spyware programs, and they cant
remove it. I have tried to delete it, and it deletes for a few minutes and
just keeps on reinventing itself.
Virus scans dont pick it up. The adware programs
pick it up, but say they cant remove it. I am using xp pro, and when you go
to see whats running, it shows up twice in task manager procecces and uses a
lot of cpu usage. Plus it constantly brings up an egg timer on my cursor.
Anyone, have any fixes.

Much regards Jerry

smith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

Did you try booting to safe mode and running your programs?

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:58:26 GMT, "j.lef" <j.lef@verizon.net> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am having a lot of trouble with a spyware
>called web rebates, or top rebates. It has planted itself in my program
>files folder. I have tried two different spyware programs, and they cant
>remove it. I have tried to delete it, and it deletes for a few minutes and
>just keeps on reinventing itself.
> Virus scans dont pick it up. The adware programs
>pick it up, but say they cant remove it. I am using xp pro, and when you go
>to see whats running, it shows up twice in task manager procecces and uses a
>lot of cpu usage. Plus it constantly brings up an egg timer on my cursor.
> Anyone, have any fixes.
>

>Much regards Jerry

Google searches are usually good for this kind of thing, I did one for
you - this looks promising

http://www.pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/t/toprebates.asp

HTH
Cheers