Where can I get a 50 ft null modem cable

bruno

I'm trying to connect a PC to another machine (CNC) and basically need
a long null modem cable with DB-9 F connectors on each end. I'm having
a lousy time trying to find one long enough. 25 feet is too short, so
I was hoping for 50 feet.

Anyone have any ideas? Particularly near SF.

Thanks,
Bruno

Bruno wrote:
> I'm trying to connect a PC to another machine (CNC) and basically need
> a long null modem cable with DB-9 F connectors on each end. I'm having
> a lousy time trying to find one long enough. 25 feet is too short, so
> I was hoping for 50 feet.
>
> Anyone have any ideas? Particularly near SF.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruno

Two 25-foot serial cables with DB-9F connectors spliced
together by a serial null modem in the middle. That's how
we did it.

www.blackbox.com

"Bruno" <myName@myISP.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to connect a PC to another machine (CNC) and basically need
> a long null modem cable with DB-9 F connectors on each end. I'm having
> a lousy time trying to find one long enough. 25 feet is too short, so
> I was hoping for 50 feet.
>
> Anyone have any ideas? Particularly near SF.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruno

Robert

Use a piece of cat 5 with RJ25 to DB-9-F adaptors at each end.
The cable will be in spec to run that far.
http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/RS-232_specs.html