problem with autorun

I have a Dell dimension 5000 computer running Windows XP. I find that many
cd-roms will not work. The autorun does not start and when I try a manual
start no programmes or files are shown on my cd-rom drive.

Can anyone advise me please?
--
jim659
2 answers Last reply

    go to www.microsoft.com Search for AutoFix.exe. On the jpage that opens
    scroll down to autofix repair wizzard. click on it and download the file to
    correct your proglem.
    tom

    Let me know if this works for you, it did for me.

    "jim659" wrote:

    > I have a Dell dimension 5000 computer running Windows XP. I find that many
    > cd-roms will not work. The autorun does not start and when I try a manual
    > start no programmes or files are shown on my cd-rom drive.
    >
    > Can anyone advise me please?
    > --
    > jim659

    I downloaded and ran the autofix repair wixard. It found problems but was
    unable to repair them. A friend did tell me that my cd-rom drive may be too
    fast.

    --
    jim659

    "TGMcCallie" wrote:

    > go to www.microsoft.com Search for AutoFix.exe. On the jpage that opens
    > scroll down to autofix repair wizzard. click on it and download the file to
    > correct your proglem.
    > tom
    >
    > Let me know if this works for you, it did for me.
    >

    > "jim659" wrote:
    >
    > > I have a Dell dimension 5000 computer running Windows XP. I find that many
    > > cd-roms will not work. The autorun does not start and when I try a manual
    > > start no programmes or files are shown on my cd-rom drive.
    > >
    > > Can anyone advise me please?
    > > --
    > > jim659

CD-Rom Dimension 5000 Windows XP